MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unknow location returns to an error page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, so I know how to set custom locations via functions_online, but my question is, why do a lot of the guests show as "Location Unknown" but the unknown location leads to an error page, is this because these pages don't have a location set, and these are custom pages because there are a lot o' custom pages. Because some "Locations Unknown" well, the link goes to the correct page when clicking location unknown, but most of the time it goes to an error page
Are you sure all pages are properly set up with online locations? Each custom page requires using 2 hooks to give proper names to the location. It is also possible that a plugin author made it say Location Unknown if you don't have permission to view the page the other person is viewing.
(2021-08-02, 03:14 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure all pages are properly set up with online locations?  Each custom page requires using 2 hooks to give proper names to the location.  It is also possible that a plugin author made it say Location Unknown if you don't have permission to view the page the other person is viewing.

Thanks for answering. No, a lot of the pages are not set up, so, I'm wondering if, because they are not set up, is that causing the unknown location as a bad link? I was just curious if pages that have unknown location and are not set up yet, and that causes the error page.
If a custom page doesn't have a hook for the online parts, it will have the correct url by default. The reason for an error page could be due to a person issue or a server error such as a parse error or sql error.
(2021-08-02, 07:02 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]If a custom page doesn't have a hook for the online parts, it will have the correct url by default.  The reason for an error page could be due to a person issue or a server error such as a parse error or sql error.

That is for sure. Thanks again for swinging by.