MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Disabled BBCode tags showing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently discovered that some enterprising spammers have been abusing the color tag to hide their links as either normal text or white background space (that is until you mouse over them and the underline appears). No big deal, bans were handed out and, since it doesn't really affect our forum, I disabled the color tag. Unfortunately, the now disabled color tags appear as plain text in the posts instead of the expected behavior of them simply being ignored by the parser. Is this a bug or are the disabled tag supposed to appear like this? If it's the latter, I did write a custom MyCode to filter them but this seems like a hacky work around.
This is expected behavior.
Bummer. I guess I'll have to write a small script to purge the color tags from the 200 or so messages that have them so I can remove the MyCode hack.
You should be able to create a custom MyCode to do the removal.

Regular Expression: \[color=([a-zA-Z]*|\#?[\da-fA-F]{3}|\#?[\da-fA-F]{6})](.*?)\[/color\]
Replacement: $2
That basically what I'm doing now. It just seem to be a hacky workaround instead of a real solution.