MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changing index.php to forums.php and portal.php to index.php
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What do I need to do to change index.php to forums.php and portal.php to index.php besides changing the filenames? If it'd be too much work, I won't bother.
serch the forum! this has been digused several times
You would have to find all instances in the templates and in every .php file MyBB comes with and replace index.php with forums.php and all instances of portal.php with index.php.
As quite a few people seem to want to do this, maybe there should be an option in the Admin CP to allow it.

And instead fo hard coding index.php and portal.php into the files, it could be a variable, so it can be sweitched when the user changes the option in the admin CP.
Dempsey Wrote:As quite a few people seem to want to do this, maybe there should be an option in the Admin CP to allow it.

I like the idea! I always wanted my Portal to be my index but didn't have the time to re-code it!
If its not added as an option in MyBB, when Gold is released I think I'll try and make a Mod for it.