MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Instagram/twitter mycode is preventing view count working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have 3 custom mycodes on my board.
Twitter, Youtube & Instagram

All were working fine until I updated the board to 1.8.27

Now the youtube embeds still work OK, but the instagram and twitter embeds are stopping the view count for that topic from working.

Any topic containing the insta or twitter embeded post - the view count for that topic never goes up.

View count is working OK for all other topics.

Heres the code from the instagram mycode

<div style="text-align:center">
<iframe src="//instagram.com/p/$1/embed/" style=" color:#000; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px; text-decoration:none; word-wrap:break-word;" align="center" width="612" height="710" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" allowtransparency="true" style="border: 1px #b2a998 solid; border-radius: 5px; box-shadow: 0px 0px 7px 0px rgba(106, 101, 91, 0.5); " text-align:center; text-decoration:none; width:100%;" target="_blank"> 
</iframe></div>

any ideas ??
Can you provide an url to a post containing a faulty embed ? and a test account if needed to see the thread.
Here you go...
https://famousmales.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=6539

No matter how many times you view it, the VIEW count doesn't go up.
Can you solve this problem? I've solved for Twitter code but can't solved for Instagram. Please help.
Nope. Nobody seems to be able to fix it
(2022-07-15, 10:27 AM)philbean Wrote: [ -> ]Nope. Nobody seems to be able to fix it

I think which page the code is available, clicking on that page is not counted. If a thread is three pages and the code is in the third page, I click on the first page or second page it counts. But if I'm click on the third page it isn't count.

(2022-07-15, 10:46 AM)tolgacan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-07-15, 10:27 AM)philbean Wrote: [ -> ]Nope. Nobody seems to be able to fix it

I think which page the code is available, clicking on that page is not counted. If a thread is three pages and the code is in the third page, I click on the first page or second page it counts. But if I'm click on the third page it isn't count.

Ok, I find the solution myself. I just deactivate mycode and replace the code with no any blank. And it's okay now at least for me. It counts every thread. Hope it's working for anybody. So new code is:

<iframe src="//instagram.com/p/$1/embed/captioned/" width="612" height="1200" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" allowtransparency="true" style="border: 1px #b2a998 solid; border-radius: 5px; box-shadow: 0px 0px 7px 0px rgba(106, 101, 91, 0.5);"></iframe>
Update

The upgrade to v1.8.31 seemed to stop my instagram mycode working completely, so I've tried tolacan's suggestion above and.. touch wood.. all seems good up to now.