MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I find my database user name?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, even more questions, folks.

First of all, my host is VERY difficult to get straight answers or help from.  So I'm sorry if I'm sounding so lost here.  And, honestly, I never had this problem setting up my Snitz server.  AND it looks like phpBB is a native app for my host so perhaps that's what I need to do as well.

But I really want to get MyBB installed and now the next thing it asks is my database username, database password and database name.  ????   I have ZERO idea what these would be or even how I would find them.  Okay, I DID find my database name and database type and internal name (is the internal name the database name?) but no database password anywhere. Would that just be my FTP password?
It won't be the FTP password. Usually you have to set up a database user with a password and then grant it access to a database.
Yeah, thanks, I did eventually find it (I'm having a few other issues which may end up being dealbreakers but at least I got the forum installed).
Do you have any administrative access to your hosting configuration - how can you manage your webserver setup at all?
Or yo you have FTP login for webspace only?

If there are any other forums or CMS on your webserver, then you may look into it's configuration files (e.g. via FTP find any config.php or such like). You may find database connection details inside.

[ExiTuS]