MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I enable email registration?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So in the old forum I used to run I had to enter my own email server to be used to send out confirmation emails to users.  I don't see that option anywhere in MyBB although I'm sure it's there somewhere.  In any case, no emails are being sent, obviously, so no new users can register.

Can someone point me to where I can provide the email server details so users will get that confirmation email?

Okay, I found where PHP mail is selected... but it doesn't seem to be working.

My system is a Windows system and PHP was kind of backbreaking for them to even enable. I'm going to guess this method won't work. If I use SMTP, though, I can't specify my email server address. How the heck do I get this to work?

Okay, went to SMTP and lots of settings there. In fact, many more than I wanted. But I *think* I have them all except for the port number.

I couldn't find this anywhere but I assume this will be something I can ask my server admin about tomorrow. Unless folks here could suggest a common one to try in the meantime.
I am having this same problem.  What did you have to do to get e-mails to send, please?
If you're not sure what your SMTP connection details are, you'll need to ask the SMTP provider.
(2021-11-29, 11:26 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]If you're not sure what your SMTP connection details are, you'll need to ask the SMTP provider.

Thanks for the reply.  I looked the SMTP details up with Office 365 as that is where my e-mail account is from.  When I put them in, I got an error and my log showed it would not send.  The last time it said the password was wrong, but it's not wrong, and I re-typed it in case I made a typo.  I tried multiple times.  Office wants me to use STARTTLS but that is not an option, so I tried TLS, and it did not work, but I tried no requirement and SSL, and all three did not work.  I then tried a gmail account, and that didn't work, either.  I'm stumped.