MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Where exactly to upload plugins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sir,
I have tried to understand many explanations on how to upload plugins to my forum but I could not get it.

Where can I locate the "Inc/plugin" ?
Is it through my forum dashboard or my hosting provider?

I have downloaded some plugins to upload but I don't know how. Kindly put me through please.

Thanks
You need to open a session to your webspace - a file explorer to handle files - usually by using an FTP client.
Every webhoster provides FTP login details (hostname, username, password) that you need to use to establish a connection to your webspace root folder.

Once your FTP client is connected, navigate to the folders and upload the plugin files.
After uploading the plugins are managed via MyBB ACP.

[ETS]
I have uploaded the "pluginuploader" successfully in my cpanel filemanager but when trying to install plugins in Admin CP of my forum i always got this error message:

"There was an error downloading Advanced Sidebox from the MyBB Mods site. The download may not have completed successfully as the MD5 checksum failed. If this continues, try downloading directly from the Mods site and upload.

Please contact me on [email protected] to help debug this issue further."

help me please. what should i do now?
Check that ./inc/plugins/temp is writable (CHMOD 777 if it needs to be), and see if there's any files being created inside it.
i am getting the same error.
There was an error downloading Style Usernames from the MyBB Mods site. The download may not have completed successfully as the MD5 checksum failed.
Hm, either the checksums are wrong or something has changed with the Mods site. I'll try and look at it at some point.
I don't know how to do this please. Yes, I remember, that is the last step I did not include.

The instruction of the plugin developer says, 'create folder "temp" in inc and CHMOD to 777.

I have created the folder and uploaded the required file in the "temp folder" but what remains is CHMOD to 777.
How do I CHMOD to 777 please?

Kindly direct me on how to finish that last step please.

Thanks.
(2021-09-15, 03:50 PM)obeyafriday Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know how to do this please. Yes, I remember, that is the last step I did not include.

The instruction of the plugin developer says, 'create folder "temp" in inc and CHMOD to 777.

I have created the folder and uploaded the required file in the "temp folder" but what remains is CHMOD to 777.

Thanks.

go to your FTP file manager and change there CHMOD .

by default you can see there are some numbers have written on the tables , on every row.
(2021-09-15, 10:44 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Check that ./inc/plugins/temp is writable (CHMOD 777 if it needs to be), and see if there's any files being created inside it.

(2021-09-15, 04:10 PM)PARADOXP Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-09-15, 03:50 PM)obeyafriday Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know how to do this please. Yes, I remember, that is the last step I did not include.

Thanks.

go to your FTP file manager and change there CHMOD .

by default you can see there are some numbers have written on the tables , on every row.
I don't use FTP, I use file manager from my cpanel.

I don't understand. More explanations please. How do  I do that from inside File manager in my hosting provider cpanel?

Thanks
I don't think that's the issue anyway, the plugin uploader doesn't seem to be able to download plugins from the Mods site any more.
Pages: 1 2