MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Authorization Code Mismatch not fixed with script or edits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I tried the script to fix the authorization code mismatch and it still isn't working.  Okay, I thought I'd just edit the templates it says.  It says these need to be edited:

• error_nopermission
  • header_welcomeblock_guest
  • member_login
  • portal_welcome_guesttext

However, the error_nopermission and header_welcomeblock_guest don't have the form tag it says to look for (this is true even of the default template, although I am using a custom one).  The member_login and portal_welcome_guesttext  have it, and I edited them correctly with no success still.  

Anyone have any more ideas?  After the error the user can still access the forum, but it would be great not to get this error (it seems REALLY stupid that the error has not effect - why the heck do we even have that error message if it doesn't do anything?)
Does it allow you to log in from the portal? These different templates reflect different login forms on different pages, so if the authorization code is one some templates and not on others, some pages will be broken but others should work. Also, is the MyBB default theme allowing logins?

The script itself is very careful not to accidentally break any themes and so it follows the instructions on the guide exactly. It is specifically designed to look for the old outdated tag (and many different alternative forms of it) before it attempts to replace it with a new one, and it will leave the template alone if it can't find the old tag. This is done to avoid having the script try to guess where to put the new tag, as this could break a theme if the script were to try to assume things.

If it's missing entirely, post the template here and I can try to take a look. If the opening <form> tag is completely missing, there might be something deeper going on with the theme and we might need to repair the template, and the script won't be able to fix anything if it's missing entirely. I'll have a better idea as soon as I'm able to see the templates and should be able to see the issue.
We get the error by going to index.php and then choosing the login button at the top of that template and then (after we enter our info) it will say we logged in correctly. And THEN it gives us the error message. However, it's not consistent. Sometimes it doesn't give the error, which is weird. No matter when we get the error, though, we can still select "Forum" and go to them (which is weird).

How do I post the template here? I know it's not "official" for the current version, but it's listed in the top ten of themes (it's the iGame theme).
If you want to paste iGame's member_login template, I can take a look. I'm a little curious whether it's something different if it's doing it intermittently. Do you get the same issue on other themes?
I haven't tried any other themes but I will in the next few days (including the default). But it's weird - I just logged in now and it was fine.

IIRC, the main time I get it is when I'm admin and go to the forum and it asks me to login there. Doing that (going through that process) nearly always results in an error. But I'll see if I can track it down (if that's the ONLY error I'm okay with it - I just don't want my users to have the error).