MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hide specific threads from guests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to hide specific threads from guests. I want to hide not only the contents, but the thread subject too. As if the thread doesn't exist. I was hoping to see a moderation option "Hide from guests" but that's not there. I know I can create a forum hidden from guests, but to move specific threads there would mess up the flow of the content.

I searched but did not find the feature built-in or a plugin to add such functionality.
A plugin for this doesn't exits as far as I'm concerned. I have coded a plugin to mark threads as private and visible for specific users only. It should be possible to code a similar plugin but for groups.
Thank you for replying.

Can you provide me your code? I used to program in PHP but know nothing about MyBB's design. Maybe with your code I can figure out a solution. If you can help, I'll PM you an email address to send your code to.
Hi, I avoided posting the source because my intention wasn't to advertise. Since the plugin doesn't have the feature you are looking for but rather is an example that what you are looking for should be possible to be coded. You can find my plugin in the following url :
https://community.mybb.com/thread-229421.html