MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem in upgrading mybb 1.8.22
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

today at 6 am I decided to upgrade my forum from 1.8.22  to 1.8.27

I did everything here https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/install/upgrade/

I backup to the forum's files & DB then I deactivated all the plugins from the configuration, I uploaded the new MyBB version to the root, went to forum.tld/install/   I selected to upgrade and finally after logging in with the UID 1 account (this account is defined as the superadmin in inc/config.php (also the usergroup of this account has the access to ACP)).

it didn't show me the upgrade process 

[Image: BFl40VB.png]
I tried 4 times the same steps but it still showing me the same thing also I check the error.log but nothing is there 
-at 11 am, I uploaded the old forum files and it worked with the old version, now I'm using MyBB 1.8.22

does any1 have any advice?

thanks for reading,
have a nice day.
It looks like a partial upload or something, double check all the files uploaded fully and there were no errors during upload.
(2021-09-18, 12:52 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]It looks like a partial upload or something, double check all the files uploaded fully and there were no errors during upload.

after the upload, the failed transfers were 0 
if u are free, I will give u the FTP and try it yourself
Sure, I can have a look.
(2021-09-18, 08:57 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Sure, I can have a look.

I sent the info to ur DM, thank you!
Still having the same problem (i changed the hosting server btw)
Send me fresh admin and FTP login details and I can look. You must have an incomplete set of files or something.
(2021-12-19, 07:18 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Send me fresh admin and FTP login details and I can look. You must have an incomplete set of files or something.

i have sent u a message on discord.
The forum has been upgraded, Special Thank to @"Matt" .

The Problem Was the version_history row from the mybb_datacache table. I had to add the data from a 1.8.29 install and then force the upgrade to run from 1.8.22