MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My forum post view count is zero, help me solve it please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Virtually all the posts in my forum are reading zero, how can I fix it please?

I have seen the code to edit but don't know exactly where to locate it.

Take through how to locate the code and Chang it to the proper value please.
This is the code 
UPDATE `mybb_forums` SET `usepostcounts` = '1';
(2021-09-19, 08:48 AM)obeyafriday Wrote: [ -> ]Virtually all the posts in my forum are reading zero, how can I fix it please?

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by this, but in the context of the rest of your post, it seems that you are saying that the post counts of members of your forum are all showing as zero even when they've made at least one post. Am I understanding correctly?

(2021-09-19, 08:48 AM)obeyafriday Wrote: [ -> ]I have seen the code to edit but don't know exactly where to locate it.

This is the code 

The setting which you can access via the ACP for each forum rather than having to run that database query is located here:

Forums & Posts » Forum Management » [Click on your forum] » Edit Forum Settings » Miscellaneous Options » Yes, posts in this forum should count towards user post counts

If that checkbox is checked for all of your forums and your members' post counts are still showing as zero, then please let us know so we can help you further.
AdminCP / Tools and Maintenance / Recount and Rebuild.
Resets for Forum, Thread, User Posts, and User Threads.
(2021-09-19, 08:48 AM)obeyafriday Wrote: [ -> ]Virtually all the posts in my forum are reading zero, how can I fix it please?

This is the code 

You have been told before to put back the mybb copyright ©️ link back on your website: https://community.mybb.com/thread-233555...pid1371134

It's unfair to ask for support if you don't want to support the free software.
Don't worry, I will do that now. I will put back the footer.

(2021-09-19, 10:05 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by this, but in the context of the rest of your post, it seems that you are saying that the post counts of members of your forum are all showing as zero even when they've made at least one post. Am I understanding correctly?

(2021-09-19, 08:48 AM)obeyafriday Wrote: [ -> ]I have seen the code to edit but don't know exactly where to locate it.

This is the code 

The setting which you can access via the ACP for each forum rather than having to run that database query is located here:

Forums & Posts » Forum Management » [Click on your forum] » Edit Forum Settings » Miscellaneous Options » Yes, posts in this forum should count towards user post counts

If that checkbox is checked for all of your forums and your members' post counts are still showing as zero, then please let us know so we can help you further.

I have actually done the the steps, but it still remains zero. I have rebuild and recount it all from tools and maintenance page, but it still not working.

(2021-09-19, 10:41 AM)HLFadmin Wrote: [ -> ]AdminCP / Tools and Maintenance / Recount and Rebuild.
Resets for Forum, Thread, User Posts, and User Threads.

I have done that but it still not counting. Help me please.

(2021-09-19, 10:55 AM)sarisisop Wrote: [ -> ]

This is the code 

You have been told before to put back the mybb copyright ©️ link back on your website: https://community.mybb.com/thread-233555...pid1371134

It's unfair to ask for support if you don't want to support the free software.

I have placed it back. It's not that I don't want to support mybb, it wasn't thought of it that way.
Show a screen shot of where "virtually all of the posts are reading zero."
I went and looked and see forums with thread counts and views that seem normal.
Memberlist shows post count and thread counts that seem normal.
I picked Destinyboy and looked at his profile and got post and thread results in the search window.
When there was a thread with zero reply count, I looked and so no replies in the thread.
So, it looks normal to me.

The only odd thing that I do notice, and haven't searched for an answer to yet, is it takes 2 clicks to go back one page. This is consistent across all of your site. And there are some elements in your pages that do not load. Probably theme-related.

One of the first questions an admin should ask himself is "does this problem occur using the MyBB default theme?" If it doesn't, then you can try to compare templates to see the difference between the two. That will usually give a clue as to the nature of the fault. Especially if you're using a theme that has not been updated in a while.

There have been some changes to the forum software, and the default theme is maintained with each version change.

As it is, I do not see anything that fits your description of the problem.
This is what I mean. No matter how many visitors load or read a post, the view remain zero. Normally, if 10 persons viewed a post, it supposed to show that the post has been viewed 10 times. But, if you check now, you will notice that the thread view counter is not working. If someone replies to a thread, it shows number of replies the very thread has, that's normal. But look at the view, you see that it is all zero as no one has ever visit the thread since it has been posted. It supposed to show how many times it has been visited. I hope you understand my explanations now?

SE the screenshot below:

This is the screenshot of the issue.
You mention visitors.  Do you mean guests?  Visited your board as a guest - but didn't notice any increase in views of the threads I opened - even after a hard page refresh.

What are your settings for Increment Thread View Count on Guest Visits in config Show Thread Options?
Damned it!!!!!

Does that mean no one here who can help me fix this issue?  Or my English language is not clear enough?

OK, help me this way, where and how in the whole code of mybb forum can I edit this code: UPDATE mybb_forums SET usepostcounts = '0';
As you can see, where you are seeing 0 needs to be changed to 1 for the view on each thread to work normally.

I want to edit that code, where can I locate and edit it please?

Thanks
(2021-09-20, 09:19 PM)obeyafriday Wrote: [ -> ]Damned it!!!!!

Does that mean no one here who can help me fix this issue?  Or my English language is not clear enough?

Huh? Nixer55 offered a thoughtful observation and asked you some relevant questions. Why didn't you answer them?

(2021-09-20, 09:19 PM)obeyafriday Wrote: [ -> ]OK, help me this way, where and how in the whole code of mybb forum can I edit this code: UPDATE mybb_forums SET usepostcounts = '0';
As you can see, where you are seeing 0 needs to be changed to 1 for the view on each thread to work normally.

I want to edit that code, where can I locate and edit it please?

Thanks

That query will not help fix the problem. That usepostcounts column of the mybb_forums table determines whether posts in the given forum contribute to the poster's post count, not to the thread's view count. It is the latter that you seem to be having a problem with, not the former.
Pages: 1 2 3 4