MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Chat window options?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I see there is a Chat window plugin by snlbaral that looks interesting, but my big concern is whether the window itself just "appears" without anyone selecting it.  What I would like is for an OPTION to be available to chat, otherwise the forum remains as it is (you apparently can close that chat window but I don't see a button for it to appear nor select hidden as a default).

Anyone else have this enabled on their forums?  Some folks just don't like to chat, so I wouldn't want to force it on them (even if it's just that they have to close down that window all the time).
Install it, enable it for a limited user group for testing purposes, evaluate its suitability, and if it is not, uninstall it.

Scratch that. I went to install it and there's a SQL error that needs to be fixed first.
Other things to do now, so will revisit this when I have the time.

Quote:SQL Error:
1101 - BLOB, TEXT, GEOMETRY or JSON column 'seenby' can't have a default value
Query:
CREATE TABLE mybb_forumteamchats( id int(10) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, uid int(10) unsigned NOT NULL, username varchar(100) NOT NULL, msg varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', dateline datetime NOT NULL, endtime datetime NOT NULL, seenby text NOT NULL DEFAULT '', PRIMARY KEY (id) ) ENGINE=MyISAM CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_general_ci;
Remove the default value to seenby column, and verify that all insert queries fill this field with a value (even empty)