MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Contact+ 2.0 - customized
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there,

Still running 1.1.8 myself (don't ask...upgrade not possible right now) and installed the Contact+2.0 from here on it as a plugins. Works great...but I wanted to modify it for my purposes...this lead to a couple of questions

1) Am I allowed to modify it if I do not touch the author-info?? (I already did it though, but not planning to distribute my modified version)
2) I have put in my form checkboxes (so to allow multiple choices), but the mailer only sends the first chosen option...how can I have the mailer to append all of the ticked boxes in the email.

cheers,
Kimmo
Kimmo Wrote:Hey there,

Still running 1.1.8 myself (don't ask...upgrade not possible right now) and installed the Contact+2.0 from here on it as a plugins. Works great...but I wanted to modify it for my purposes...this lead to a couple of questions

1) Am I allowed to modify it if I do not touch the author-info?? (I already did it though, but not planning to distribute my modified version)
2) I have put in my form checkboxes (so to allow multiple choices), but the mailer only sends the first chosen option...how can I have the mailer to append all of the ticked boxes in the email.

cheers,
Kimmo

1. Up to the author, and depends on the license. But since you are giving the author credit, I'm thiking you are probably okay.
2. for your checkbox names, try using an array. Example
Checkbox for receive updates from admins would have a name of checkboxes['adminupdates']
checkbox for spam me please would be checkboxes['spammepls']
then you should be able to read through the array with something like

foreach($mybb->input['checkboxes'] as $key => $value)
{
your code here
}

$key will be the name (spammepls, adminupdates, etc..)
$value will tell you whether the box was checked or not.
I actually figured it out in the end....
just forgot to name the tickbox options differently.....

quite simple in the end

thanks anyway

cheers,
Kimmo