MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Remove Views From Threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, thanks for making great board software, it is much appreciated  Smile

I wish to remove the 'views' from the thread indexes .... where would I look to remove such?
I am running the latest version (new install) and have no plugins but do have a theme (which I have had to work on rather a lot to make it work).

I believe that the theme (while it is nice and also responsive) did not address all sections of the board and caused problems, especially with attachments but that is not a problem anymore. It is possible that my fixes have caused other issues .... one of which is that the views do not move! But I do not mind as I wanted to remove them anyway  Big Grin

When I state 'views' I mean this:

[attachment=44407]

I do not want any 'views' to show on the board .... so, if I may ask, in which file do I find the code to alter/remove?

Many thanks in advance for any help  Heart

I seem to have found that which I require  Big Grin

But I may have 'broken' something else in the process although currently it all seems good??
So please take my typed words with the caution that my newbie status needs  Huh

I did this:

In Forum Display Templates

forumdisplay_thread
line 12 removed
<td align="center" class="{$bgcolor}{$thread_type_class}">{$thread['views']}</td>

forumdisplay_threadlist
line 21 removed
<td class="tcat hide" align="center" width="7%"><span class="smalltext"><strong><a href="{$sorturl}&amp;sortby=views&amp;order=desc">{$lang->views}</a> {$orderarrow['views']}</strong></span></td>

Now .... there are (more than likely) other templates I need to change but for now it seems to have worked?!?!

Be well all  Heart