MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Authorization code mismatch for just one user
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I've done a lot of reading about this and I can't figure out how (or what, more specifically) I should fix this authorization code mistmatch issue.  It's occurring for one user in specific, although it HAS occurred for others.

For other users I just tell them to use another URL (we have a redirect) and it nearly always works.  So the real URL is:

kelleytown.com/forum

and if they get the error I tell them to go to:

LegacyofLeesburgForum.com (which is the redirect to the same URL)

and it nearly always works.  If it doesn't work then I tell them to go to:

kelleytown.com/forum/index.php

and that has solved ALL issues.  Except for one guy, who can't get on no matter what.

Forum is NOT https (so not secure).  Any advice or something I can tell this one guy (I hate to go mucking about the forum when hundreds are using it with no problems).
Ah, this makes sense, albeit a bit of a weird bug. I'm curious if something is going on with the cache on their browser that might be causing them to redirect to the HTTPS version of the URL if it doesn't exist, etc. If it's only occuring for one specific user, it definitely could be browser or cache related.

What happens if they try a different browser?
Thanks, that's what I'm having them try now (so, great minds :>).

I'll report back here.
Only thing I can think of is that they have cookies blocked in the browser, as that would generate a new security token on every request so would never work for them.
Okay, that's something else I can suggest/try. Thanks!
Another possible solution (I have had to resort to this at least once) is to have the member delete all stored cookies for your forum's domain.