MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New phpFreeChat (v. 1.0-beta10) released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.phpfreechat.net/changelog.en....1.0-beta10

It seems TONS faster than all previous versions and claims to have fixed a bunch of bugs.

My standard plugin, version 1.9-beta (http://mods.mybboard.net/view.php?did=535) will work perfectly well with it.  If you currently use this plugin, or are considering embedding a sweet little chat client into your MyBB, give it a shot.
Yeah, I'm using both the new version and your plugin, and I'm happy with both! Thanks for creating this plugin, Ichibod!!!! Makes the chat so much more enjoyable having it integrated!
You bet!  It's been a pleasure on my board as well --- especially now that users can select where they would like it positioned.  I prefer it in toplinks because it keeps the chat from slowing page load times.  But, other users prefer it embedded. It's nice to have it available to all types of users.

Anyway, thanks for the vote of confidence!  It's been a pleasure writing it and learning a bit about the flexibility of MyBB -- an excellent board app.

Best wishes!
Yes, I also like it in toplinks, so that a new window opens. Still integrated but doesn't slow down the forum. Best of both worlds!!!!
Smile

BTW - I also announced this plugin in phpFreeChat's forums yesterday. (http://www.phpfreechat.net/forum/viewtop...5761#p5761) phpFreeChat has long had integration with PunBB, which has made it easy for phpFreeChat users to use PunBB on their sites. My hope is that this plugin will open the door for more phpFreeChat user to consider using MyBB as well. The more we can get users/developers from all these communities to share and contribute, the better all this stuff will get.
I get this error when i activate the plugin;

Warning: pfc_mybb_chat(src/phpfreechat.class.php) [function.pfc-mybb-chat]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/carra23/public_html/forum/inc/plugins/pfc_mybb.php on line 499

Fatal error: pfc_mybb_chat() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'src/phpfreechat.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/carra23/public_html/forum/inc/plugins/pfc_mybb.php on line 499
carra23 Wrote:I get this error when i activate the plugin;

Warning: pfc_mybb_chat(src/phpfreechat.class.php) [function.pfc-mybb-chat]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/carra23/public_html/forum/inc/plugins/pfc_mybb.php on line 499

Fatal error: pfc_mybb_chat() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'src/phpfreechat.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/carra23/public_html/forum/inc/plugins/pfc_mybb.php on line 499

This looks like a problem with your "root directory" option in my plugin. Basically, my plugin is unable to find the source for php_free_chat. By default, it assumes you will have the chat located in /var/www/chat. That's apparently not the case for you (based on the errors you linked.) So, if you can't edit this in the AdminCP because it blows up on activation before it lets you try; just edit the plugin's main PHP file (inc/plugins/pfc_mybb.php) and put the correct directory in:
$pfc_mybb_setting_4 = array(
		'name'			=> 'pfc_mybb__pfc_path',
		'title'			=> $lang->pfc_mybb__pfc_path__lang__title,
		'description'	=> $lang->pfc_mybb__pfc_path__lang__desc,
		'optionscode'	=> 'text',
		'value'			=> '/var/www/chat',
		'disporder'		=> 4,
		'gid'			=> intval($gid),
	);

See if that helps.