MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I can't see all my plugins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I can't see all my plugins in the plugins list. How can I see all the plugins I have installed and activated in my forum please?

All the plugins are working fine if turn on from configuration=>setting page, but no where to see all the plugins I have activated.

Help me please. What should I do now please?
Do you mean the plugins page list is blank? I noticed that when debugging the thread view issue, you likely have a file uploaded that shouldn't be there. Can you screenshot what is in ./inc/plugins/?
(2021-09-29, 09:47 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Do you mean the plugins page list is blank? I noticed that when debugging the thread view issue, you likely have a file uploaded that shouldn't be there. Can you screenshot what is in ./inc/plugins/?

Here the screenshot of where the plugins should haveĀ  been in my forum dashboard, but no one:

(2021-09-29, 09:47 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Do you mean the plugins page list is blank? I noticed that when debugging the thread view issue, you likely have a file uploaded that shouldn't be there. Can you screenshot what is in ./inc/plugins/?

This is the screenshot from Inc/plugins in my Cpanel file manager
The Plugin Uploader plugin adds a 4th tab on the plugins page. You will see all plugins which were activated there. That tab is restricted access only to Superadmin, as I recall. From my investigation previously, there are remnants in inc/plugins of aseveral plugins which do not show up as configurable. Some things need to be cleaned up.

From my notes, the following files are part of a recentthreads plugin.

*db.php
*hooks.php
*maintenance.php
*recentthread.php
*settings.json
*settings.php
*templates.json
*templates.php
*theme.php
*update.php
(2021-09-29, 10:07 PM)HLFadmin Wrote: [ -> ]The Plugin Uploader plugin adds a 4th tab on the plugins page. You will see all plugins which were activated there. That tab is restricted access only to Superadmin, as I recall. From my investigation previously, there are remnants in inc/plugins of aseveral plugins which do not show up as configurable. Some things need to be cleaned up.

*db.php
*hooks.php
*maintenance.php
*recentthread.php
*settings.json
*settings.php
*templates.json
*templates.php
*theme.php
*update.php

Yes, you are correct.
Help me do the necessary things please. Just want to see all the plugins I have activated.

Major issue now is the Myadvertisement.
Plugins are now showing properly. They are installed but not activated.
There is still some cleanup needed. Let's focus on the first thing first.

MyAdvertisements requires Superadmin login to configure the ads. Log in as Admin, go to AdminCP / Tools and Maintenance. You should see a menu item listed below File Verification. If My Advertisements is not visible, something is still broken.

I have a clean 1.8.27 installation. A member with admin privileges will not be able to configure the ads, only superadmin. Took me a good while to stumble on that fact.

Let me know what you find. I think this will solve the first problem

I note that your main theme footer has a hardcoded iframe advertisement. For better flexibility, you should consider using the MyAdvertisements plugin to place your ads.

When you are satisfied that your ads are working as expected, then one-by-one, activate your other plugins and verify they are producing the desired results.

Do not activate the Picture Perfect plugin. You will need to uninstall and delete it as superadmin. But that's for later.
(2021-09-30, 03:24 AM)HLFadmin Wrote: [ -> ]Plugins are now showing properly. They are installed but not activated.
There is still some cleanup needed. Let's focus on the first thing first.

MyAdvertisements requires Superadmin login to configure the ads. Log in as Admin, go to AdminCP / Tools and Maintenance. You should see a menu item listed below File Verification. If My Advertisements is not visible, something is still broken.

I have a clean 1.8.27 installation. A member with admin privileges will not be able to configure the ads, only superadmin. Took me a good while to stumble on that fact.

Let me know what you find. I think this will solve the first problem

I note that your main theme footer has a hardcoded iframe advertisement. For better flexibility, you should consider using the MyAdvertisements plugin to place your ads.

When you are satisfied that your ads are working as expected, then one-by-one, activate your other plugins and verify they are producing the desired results.

Do not activate the Picture Perfect plugin. You will need to uninstall and delete it as superadmin. But that's for later.

Wow, thank you very much. May you remain blessed.
I'm grateful.
(2021-09-29, 10:07 PM)HLFadmin Wrote: [ -> ]The Plugin Uploader plugin adds a 4th tab on the plugins page. You will see all plugins which were activated there. That tab is restricted access only to Superadmin, as I recall. From my investigation previously, there are remnants in inc/plugins of aseveral plugins which do not show up as configurable. Some things need to be cleaned up.

*db.php
*hooks.php
*maintenance.php
*recentthread.php
*settings.json
*settings.php
*templates.json
*templates.php
*theme.php
*update.php

Yeah, looks like these should be within another folder or something but have been uploaded directly to the plugins folder which will likely break it.
Ok. I found the original recentthreads plugin and verified its contents and actions, and have removed it from Mr. Friday's forum. It will not present any problems. I also found the admin permissions for pluginuploader, and used it to completely remove Picture Perfect.

Cache manager for plugins is in agreement with installed plugins which is in agreement with plugins shown in cPanel File Manager which is in agreement with the pluginuploader database table.

I've seen a little more detail in the MyAdvertisements plugin permissions which still does not agree with status on my test forum, but since it's a vital component, I have not changed anything regarding that plugin.

If Mr. Friday can view and edit ads in the AdminCP, that's good enough for me. I believe the forum is stable at this time.

Thank you for the opportunity to study and access a working forum with a variety of plugins.
(2021-09-30, 12:37 PM)HLFadmin Wrote: [ -> ]Ok. I found the original recentthreads plugin and verified its contents and actions, and have removed it from Mr. Friday's forum. It will not present any problems. I also found the admin permissions for pluginuploader, and used it to completely remove Picture Perfect.

Cache manager for plugins is in agreement with installed plugins which is in agreement with plugins shown in cPanel File Manager which is in agreement with the pluginuploader database table.

I've seen a little more detail in the MyAdvertisements plugin permissions which still does not agree with status on my test forum, but since it's a vital component, I have not changed anything regarding that plugin.

If Mr. Friday can view and edit ads in the AdminCP, that's good enough for me. I believe the forum is stable at this time.

Thank you for the opportunity to study and access a working forum with a variety of plugins.

Thank you very much once again. I am so grateful for all your efforts to keep my forum clean and free from bugs.

Regarding Myadvertisement, it is perfectly OK now. I can now edit Ads and view their performances in AdminCP.

I still have two more request to make please.
1. Why Ads in Postbit are reposting with each comment? This is not OK! How can I do this so that ad will remain at top of every post without repeating with comments?

2. How to make Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn pick the post image while sharing a post/thread to social media please?

Thanks.
Yours faithfully,
OBEYA FRIDAY
Pages: 1 2