MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error or warning messages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.
I have a serious problem on my forum.
Every time I go to update the data of some user, both in Control Panel and in Edit Profile & Settings of the ACP I get these warning messages.

Attached images:

Print_01 - CP> Edit Profile / Update Profile

Print_02 - ACP > Users & Groups > Edit Profile & Settings > Save User

These error messages appear and I have not been able to find out where the problem is being generated.

I hid some panels, check boxes and other information not needed in Default Templates, like:

<fieldset style ="display:none;" class="trow2">

I'm using MyBB version 1.8.12 and even disabling all plugins the error persists. It is a fresh version installation.

I'm desperate that I can't fix the problem.

If possible, please help me.
Thank you very much.

[Image: Print_01.jpg][Image: Print_02.jpg]
Upgrade to 1.8.27. You're using a version of MyBB released in May 2017 with a version of PHP released in November 2019, so your version of MyBB isn't compatible with this version of PHP. If you can't upgrade, you'll need to downgrade your PHP to 7.1.
To fix the actual error as a short term fix, in ./inc/class_datacache.php, line 811:

$forum_mods = '';

Change this to:

$forum_mods = array();

But you need to upgrade your forum.
(2021-09-30, 06:51 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]To fix the actual error as a short term fix, in ./inc/class_datacache.php, line 811:

$forum_mods = '';

Change this to:

$forum_mods = array();

But you need to upgrade your forum.

Hi Matt.
Thank you very much for the quick reply.
Just one more question.
What problems will I have with the upgrade?
The forum is empty, we are doing tests and it has not been opened to users yet.
Any advice on plugins?
Thanks.
There shouldn't be any issues upgrading or issues with plugins really, only potentially theme updates to apply.

I'm curious how you're running a 4 and a half year old version of MyBB if it's empty and hasn't been opened yet. When was it installed?
(2021-09-30, 07:06 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]There shouldn't be any issues upgrading or issues with plugins really, only potentially theme updates to apply.

I'm curious how you're running a 4 and a half year old version of MyBB if it's empty and hasn't been opened yet. When was it installed?

It's a very long story...but I made the mistake of installing version 1.8.12 because the language plugin for Brazilian Portuguese is only updated to this version.
I will try to upgrade and notify you of the result.

Ah...a problem. I don't have Apache server.

I contacted the hosting now and they reported that the server is Litespeed 6.0.8.

Thank you very much for your help and your time.
(2021-09-30, 07:06 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]There shouldn't be any issues upgrading or issues with plugins really, only potentially theme updates to apply.

Hi Matt.
I successfully upgraded to the latest version. Plugins are working normally.
But I found this problem in Inline Thread Moderation.

Can you help me?
Thank you![Image: moderation.jpg]
This is probably due to a javascript trouble.
Can you provide a test url plz ?
(2021-10-02, 09:53 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]This is probably due to a javascript trouble.
Can you provide a test url plz ?

Hi.
I found this thread:
https://community.mybb.com/thread-206896.html

I just changed the mybb version in the code below and it started working again.
Do I have to make any more changes?
Thanks.

<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/general.js?ver=1827"></script>
I think it's ok