MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I can NOT seem to figure this out please help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After numerous hours of searching around, ive finally just decided to post and see if the pros can help me out. I have recently tried to install a theme that I wanted to use, when clicking the import theme and going to the .xml file, as soon as I click upload im greeted with the awesome error, "Upload failed. Please try again. Error details:

PHP returned: Missing a temporary folder. Please contact your forum administrator with this error. "

I have seen the solution to someone elses problem here exactly like this here:

https://community.mybb.com/thread-171619.html

Now I have a tmp folder that has been there UNDER the public_html folder. That is one that has been there, I added a tmp folder to the root of the domain, root of sub domain, and even in the images section lol.

Any and all help would be very much appreciated
This is a server issue and you need to ask your host. It’s referring to a tmp folder on your server, it’s a system folder that should already be there, it’s not something that should be in the web root. Adding a random folder there won’t do anything as PHP isn’t looking there - it’s not a case of there just needing to be a folder called “tmp” somewhere, it needs to be in a specific place. Your host will need to resolve this. The other thread references changing the PHP configuration to set where the tmp folder is, you should never have to actually do this, but your host will tell you if for some reason you do.
(2021-10-04, 09:22 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]This is a server issue and you need to ask your host. It’s referring to a tmp folder on your server, it’s a system folder that should already be there, it’s not something that should be in the web root. Adding a random folder there won’t do anything as PHP isn’t looking there - it’s not a case of there just needing to be a folder called “tmp” somewhere, it needs to be in a specific place. Your host will need to resolve this. The other thread references changing the PHP configuration to set where the tmp folder is, you should never have to actually do this, but your host will tell you if for some reason you do.

Thank you very much.