MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User signup internal error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,
When users attempt to sign up to my forums, they receive the following:
[Image: 4BwXF8L.png]

This was occuring on the new version, as well as the one prior.

Many thanks,
Basic.
Please read Help us to help you - SQL errors to know how to provide the good informations we need to help you
(2021-10-04, 10:22 AM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]Please read Help us to help you - SQL errors to know how to provide the good informations we need to help you

Thank you for pointing this out; below i've pasted the error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:1062 - Duplicate entry '' for key 'loginname'

Query:INSERT INTO mybb_users (username,password,salt,loginkey,email,postnum,threadnum,avatar,avatartype,usergroup,additionalgroups,displaygroup,usertitle,regdate,lastactive,lastvisit,website,icq,skype,google,birthday,signature,allownotices,hideemail,subscriptionmethod,receivepms,receivefrombuddy,pmnotice,pmnotify,showimages,showvideos,showsigs,showavatars,showquickreply,showredirect,tpp,ppp,invisible,style,timezone,dstcorrection,threadmode,daysprune,dateformat,timeformat,regip,lastip,language,showcodebuttons,sourceeditor,buddyrequestspm,buddyrequestsauto,away,awaydate,returndate,awayreason,referrer,referrals,buddylist,ignorelist,pmfolders,notepad,warningpoints,moderateposts,moderationtime,suspendposting,suspensiontime,coppauser,classicpostbit,usernotes) VALUES
That's really strange as there is no loginname reference in MyBB.
Have you any plugin which added this field in mybb_users table ?
(2021-10-04, 11:39 AM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]That's really strange as there is no loginname reference in MyBB.
Have you any plugin which added this field in mybb_users table ?

These are the plugins I have installed, so one of the bottom two i'd assume do it?
[Image: LOj79fn.png]

Removing these two inactive addons seems to have fixed the issue. Thank you for the help!
The faulty one is "Display Usernames / Nicks Plugin" (or Steam Login are they work together) which was just deactivated and not uninstalled.
Try to uninstall it, or to reactivate it if you intend to use it, and you may not have the error anymore.