MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User images saved in my domain.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello.
I have a lot of space on my domain (about 80Gb) and I would like to store all user images on my domain.
Is there any plugin that does this work correctly?

Thank you!
hi, what do you mean? Files are stored on the server where MyBB is installed, if you want to save on another server you need the plugin
I did ABP Auto-Download Pictures, it's pretty old but may work.
(2021-10-04, 07:41 PM)Mostafa.Shiraali Wrote: [ -> ]hi, what do you mean? Files are stored on the server where MyBB is installed, if you want to save on another server you need the plugin

Hi ! Thanks for the feedback.
I don't want users to use external links to post images like TinyPic, Imgur, PostImage etc...
Users will upload images and the images will be stored in a specific forum folder.
Is there any plugin for this?
Thanks !!!
(2021-10-05, 09:00 AM)Noinha Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-10-04, 07:41 PM)Mostafa.Shiraali Wrote: [ -> ]hi, what do you mean? Files are stored on the server where MyBB is installed, if you want to save on another server you need the plugin

Hi ! Thanks for the feedback.
I don't want users to use external links to post images like TinyPic, Imgur, PostImage etc...
Users will upload images and the images will be stored in a specific forum folder.
Is there any plugin for this?
Thanks !!!

(2021-10-04, 09:21 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]I did ABP Auto-Download Pictures, it's pretty old but may work.
(2021-10-04, 09:21 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]I did ABP Auto-Download Pictures, it's pretty old but may work.

Hi Crazycat ! 
Thanks for the feedback.
In the plugin area there is the following warning:
"The plugin is a beta one, it works but could expose your forum. Be really carreful when testing it."
It's safe?
It's safe.
I add this notice because the plugin copy some external contents (pictures) to your server, so it could be a door for malicious contents.
There are securities in the script, but hackers imagination has no limit Smile
(2021-10-05, 10:11 AM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]It's safe.
I add this notice because the plugin copy some external contents (pictures) to your server, so it could be a door for malicious contents.
There are securities in the script, but hackers imagination has no limit Smile

I tested the plugin and it worked perfectly!
Very good !
But what I really need is a plugin where the user can select local images (PC, mobile, tablet...) and upload them to a folder (uploads/userpics/) when posting a reply or creating a topic.
What you're asking is attachment, but inserted as image and not as attachment.
I can do a plugin which will work as you need, but it will add an upload field, wich could be redundant unless you disable attachments.
(2021-10-05, 11:42 AM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]What you're asking is attachment, but inserted as image and not as attachment.
I can do a plugin which will work as you need, but it will add an upload field, wich could be redundant unless you disable attachments.

A plugin like this would be very helpful. Would a specific upload button be created?

A file extension check would be fine. Only .jpg or .png extensions would be accepted.
Pages: 1 2