MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Roundo (FREE) - A New Modern Look for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(2021-10-18, 06:13 PM)meetdilip Wrote: [ -> ]The blur, 👌

Big Grin Was experimenting. It was originally all white but I felt like it would be cooler if each user's card was personalized. Really liked how that turned out
Waleed, I am very worried for you. After all, most folk adopt a theme to be unique, but since your theme is so excellent, *everybody* is going to be adopting it, and nobody will be unique anymore. I hope that you have a strategy to deal with this terrible situation.
(2021-10-18, 11:03 PM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]Waleed, I am very worried for you. After all, most folk adopt a theme to be unique, but since your theme is so excellent, *everybody* is going to be adopting it, and nobody will be unique anymore. I hope that you have a strategy to deal with this terrible situation.

Lol. I'll think about creating theme variants based off Roundo for different type of forums Roundo Dark, Roundo Gaming, Roundo Marketplace, etc.

Any estimate when we'll officially move over to 1.9? I was told current themes wont be compatible with 1.9, is that true? If that's true and we're moving over soon I might release Roundo and resume creating themes later once 1.9 releases.
@Waleed B., in addition to my Discord response: I don't have an estimate for the official move over to 1.9, but the main restriction, the rebase, has been overcome.

You are right, though: current themes will not be compatible with 1.9, which uses Twig, whereas 1.8 uses an eval() method.

However, we will support 1.8 for some time after 1.9 drops, so most of us plugin/theme developers are going to be supporting both for a while regardless.

But yes, if you were concerned about future-proofing only, you would want to defer your efforts until 1.9.
(2021-10-18, 11:43 PM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]@Waleed B., in addition to my Discord response: I don't have an estimate for the official move over to 1.9, but the main restriction, the rebase, has been overcome.

You are right, though: current themes will not be compatible with 1.9, which uses Twig, whereas 1.8 uses an eval() method.

However, we will support 1.8 for some time after 1.9 drops, so most of us plugin/theme developers are going to be supporting both for a while regardless.

But yes, if you were concerned about future-proofing only, you would want to defer your efforts until 1.9.

Thanks that clarifies a lot. Hopefully it won't be too much trouble bringing this over and making adjustments to the template. Unfamiliar with Twig (not a great coder) but I was looking at Twig's docs and tag examples. So will working in Twig allow us to do if statements? That'll let me get a lot more creative.

Updated first post with a screen shot of the registration page.
(2021-10-19, 03:34 AM)Waleed B. Wrote: [ -> ]So will working in Twig allow us to do if statements?

Yes. And not only that, but for statements (loops) too.

(2021-10-19, 03:34 AM)Waleed B. Wrote: [ -> ]That'll let me get a lot more creative.

Yes. Twig will unleash some real design power.

(2021-10-19, 03:34 AM)Waleed B. Wrote: [ -> ]Updated first post with a screen shot of the registration page.

Nice stuff as always!
(2021-10-19, 03:34 AM)Waleed B. Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully it won't be too much trouble bringing this over and making adjustments to the template.

Sorry, I should have responded to this too:

You know, the worst case scenario is that you simply copy your template over as-is (as plain HTML), so, the adjustment need not be too difficult.
I should add though that there is a difference in the way variables are interpreted between the 1.8 eval() method and the 1.9 Twig method. The 1.8 method uses ordinary PHP variable syntax, e.g. {$variable}, whereas Twig uses the {{ variable }} syntax, and additionally requires $variable to be passed to Twig's render function.
Update shots of small styling changes (text fields), login page, and guest view. I plan to rework the profile page, not a big fan of it. Then I'm off to the boring tedious part of making this theme responsive Sad

(2021-10-19, 04:03 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]I should add though that there is a difference in the way variables are interpreted between the 1.8 eval() method and the 1.9 Twig method. The 1.8 method uses ordinary PHP variable syntax, e.g. {$variable}, whereas Twig uses the {{ variable }} syntax, and additionally requires $variable to be passed to Twig's render function.

Thanks for explaining. It doesn't sound like too much work plus you got me excited with how flexible working in Twig will be.
but a demo more see?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5