MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Show Last Posted Thread's Full Name on Index?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there everyone. I want last posted thread's to be fully shown on index, where it shows last posted thread on forums. You know, when it pasts some number of characters, it just cuts the thread and place "..." instead, just like text-overflow:ellipsis; but I've not found anything like that in forumbit_depth2_forum_lastpost template, so I couldn't change it. Any ideas? Thanks!
i think it needs some core edits
Any help?
Anyone?
tl;dr Change the template to display $full_lastpost_subject.

However, I treat every new MyBB question as a learning opportunity. Many questions are beyond my skillset, but I keep trying to push that envelope. For the benefit of readers who are doing the same, here's the process I followed to come up with the answer.

This link is a great reference to MyBB, the best one I've found.
https://crossreference.mybb.de/nav.html?...index.html

$lastpost_subject is defined in inc/functions_forumlist.php on line 313 and following.
It is derived from $full_lastpost_subject.

I note that the template creates a link with a title using $full_lastpost_subject, and it displays the text of the truncated $lastpost_subject.

No core edit required. Change the template to display $full_lastpost_subject.
(2021-10-19, 11:32 AM)HLFadmin Wrote: [ -> ]tl;dr Change the template to display $full_lastpost_subject.

However, I treat every new MyBB question as a learning opportunity. Many questions are beyond my skillset, but I keep trying to push that envelope. For the benefit of readers who are doing the same, here's the process I followed to come up with the answer.

This link is a great reference to MyBB, the best one I've found.
https://crossreference.mybb.de/nav.html?...index.html

$lastpost_subject is defined in inc/functions_forumlist.php on line 313 and following.
It is derived from $full_lastpost_subject.

I note that the template creates a link with a title using $full_lastpost_subject, and it displays the text of the truncated $lastpost_subject.

No core edit required. Change the template to display $full_lastpost_subject.

Thanks a lot! It was right in front of my eyes all along but couldn't see it somehow, appreciated!