MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Group Leader Can't Edit Group Members
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. Settings: screenshot

2. Issue: Group leader can't actually remove anyone. Select box options are disabled. This is the first time the group leader feature has ever been put to use as well.

Recording to help show that I can't click anything.
[Image: da07e1779cd0a2c8d27dfe2bc52f2824.gif]
Are the settings of the user ok in ACP (Home » User Groups » Group leaders for CHARACTERS) ?
(2021-10-15, 09:48 AM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]Are the settings of the user ok in ACP (Home » User Groups » Group leaders for CHARACTERS) ?

I'm not sure if you mean this screenshot? If not I don't think I understand what else to check?
As a group leader, you can't remove a user from the group if it is the user's primary group.
Not sure why that would be the case though, as in why it would be their primary group. The code to add them to a group updates their additional groups.
(2021-10-15, 06:48 PM)doylecc Wrote: [ -> ]As a group leader, you can't remove a user from the group if it is the user's primary group.

Ah, this may be the issue then. As the users currently in the group this is their primary group.

(2021-10-15, 09:14 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure why that would be the case though, as in why it would be their primary group. The code to add them to a group updates their additional groups.

I was under the impression that be removing them from the group they would revert to the 'registered' group. Thank you for the clarification!
The recommended approach would be to keep all users in the "registered" group as their primary group, and add any other groups as additional groups. This is how the group join requests get added, but I presume they were added to the group manually beforehand.
(2021-10-16, 11:17 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]The recommended approach would be to keep all users in the "registered" group as their primary group, and add any other groups as additional groups. This is how the group join requests get added, but I presume they were added to the group manually beforehand.

Correct, they were manually added to a group other than registered. HOWEVER, I like your approach of adding other groups as additional to make this work so we will do just that.

Thank you!