MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MSSQL not supporting for myBB installation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I am new to the forum. I have my database in the MSSQL server, but I am not able to see the MyBB tables created in the database, rather I'm seeing the following error msg

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function fetch() on bool in C:\xampp\htdocs\forums\inc\db_pdo.php:112 Stack trace: #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\forums\inc\db_sqlite.php(315): dbpdoEngine->fetch_array(false, 4) #1 C:\xampp\htdocs\forums\inc\class_datacache.php(120): DB_SQLite->fetch_array(false) #2 C:\xampp\htdocs\forums\inc\init.php(173): datacache->cache() #3 C:\xampp\htdocs\forums\global.php(20): require_once('C:\\xampp\\htdocs...') #4 C:\xampp\htdocs\forums\index.php(18): require_once('C:\\xampp\\htdocs...') #5 {main} thrown in C:\xampp\htdocs\forums\inc\db_pdo.php on line 112

Can someone help me with this issue?
You setted your engine as SQLite, which is not MSSQL.

MSSQL is not supported yet (see https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/install/#datab...figuration)
Is there no way I can use mssql ?
Unfortunately not I'm afraid, I don't think there's ever been much demand for it (even Postgres and SQLite are probably used very little).
And you're using xamp... the "m" means MySQL, so why add a MSSQL ?
(2021-10-19, 12:20 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]And you're using xamp... the "m" means MySQL, so why add a MSSQL ?

I don't agree with you on this. Any database can be used on xampp, it's just the matter of adding the appropriate drivers to the php/ ext and to configure the extensions in php.ini. 

Xampp is just like a plate which has few dishes by default but the menu can still be decided by anyone who's having food in it Toungue
I meant xampp includes MySQL. I know you can add any driver on it, the question was just to understand why you want to add another DB server when you already have one included.