MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discuss: MyBB 1.8.29 Released — Security Release
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thank you Community for support.
Now update The boards i have on mybb.

Muchas Gracias Comunidad MyBB  Smile
Question: Did the update to 1.8.28 cause the problem ?

I ask because I have not yet updated to 1.8.28 as it's only been out 4 days.

Thank you.
(2021-10-31, 11:32 AM)sarisisop Wrote: [ -> ]Question: Did the update to 1.8.28 cause the problem ?

Not as I understand the situation: it's been there for many versions.
(2021-10-31, 12:05 PM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-10-31, 11:32 AM)sarisisop Wrote: [ -> ]Question: Did the update to 1.8.28 cause the problem ?

Not as I understand the situation: it's been there for many versions.

I have just noticed in the blog post there is an advisory link and it says.

Affected versions >= 1.2.0, < 1.8.29

The vulnerable module requires Admin CP access with the Can manage settings? permission.

Thank you for the answer Laird.
I don't understand it 1.8.30 soon update I am native language... I am very confused 1.9x is not sure what is complication  developer 1.9x MyBB 1.9.0
This latest update doesn't have any /install folder.

It has only two files... So, does it mean that I don't have to disable all the plugins while updating?? Just replacing the files shall do??
From https://mybb.com/versions/1.8.29/:
Quote:To upgrade from the previous version: copy and overwrite files from the Changed Files package.
(2021-12-06, 02:13 PM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]From https://mybb.com/versions/1.8.29/:
Quote:To upgrade from the previous version: copy and overwrite files from the Changed Files package.

So, don't need to disable all the plugins?
No, to be honest it's not usually essential for most upgrades anyway, mainly big ones like 1.6 > 1.8. But for a minor one like this where you don't need to run the upgrade script, then definitely not, no.
Pages: 1 2