MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Roundo (RELEASED) - A New Free Modern Look for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Download Link:
https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...w&pid=1488

Demo Link:
https://bitoony.com/mybb/index.php
scroll down to Theme Selector and select Roundo Theme

[Image: 68747470733a2f2f692e706f7374696d672e6363...6f2e706e67]

Roundo gives a new modern look to MyBB. The default and many free extended themes offered by MyBB are not mobile-friendly and have fallen behind when it comes to web design trends as modern web design moves into a more minimal and flat direction. With this project, I look to modify MyBB's templates, bring its design up to date, and make it responsive. I also find many MyBB pages bloated with information and inputs; so my second goal is to declutter/minify information and simplify the UI to give a better forum experience. This design will make consistent use of round shapes as seen in buttons, box containers, text fields, and avatars hence the name Roundo.

Showcase how you used Roundo: https://bitoony.com/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=9
For theme support go to: https://bitoony.com/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=6

[Image: mockup-roundo-thumb-1-1.jpg]

*IMPORTANT NOTE: Using this theme requires attribution. You must leave the attribute in the footer linking to Bitoony. By using this theme for your forum/website you agree to attribute the theme creator in the footer "Theme Designed by Bitoony" and a link to the creator's personal website.
The right to remove attribution can be purchased at https://bitoony.com
Some CSS changes have been made for the responsive view. 1.01 build has been uploaded to Extend MyBB.

Thanks to https://community.mybb.com/user-124935.html for pointing these out to me.

I'm going to begin working on Roundo-Darko (Name/logo inspired by Donnie Darko Toungue) now. The dark version of Roundo

Dark Version (WIP). Liking how it's turning out.

[Image: screencapture-bitoony-community-index-ph...-19-00.png]
Thanks for your contribution Smile
Waleed, are you still around? Your domains seem to have been taken over by somebody else. I wonder, then, whether you would like users of your excellent Roundo theme (that now includes me!) to change its attribution link to a site/page that you are still in control of?
I guess you're not around.

I ended up changing the attribution link to that for your member profile on these Community Forums.

Possibly of interest in this thread is what we've done with Roundo on Psience Quest. As well as some other tweaks, we've combined Roundo Light and Roundo Darko into a generic Roundo theme, and added three colour mode switcher icons in the header: light mode, dark mode, and auto-detect mode. Auto-detect is default. Where supported by the browser, it detects any colour scheme preference set by the user via their OS or device, using the prefers-color-scheme CSS media feature.

The other notable tweak we've made is to the index page: it now defaults to showing threads in descending order of most recently posted-to threads. The default Roundo index page listing in which threads' opening posts are shown in descending order of thread creation date can easily be switched to by clicking on a pseudo-tab in the page's heading.
Hi, I really like your theme and I would like to know if it is possible to use it without accreditation?
By buying it for example.
(2023-02-22, 03:38 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]I guess you're not around.

I ended up changing the attribution link to that for your member profile on these Community Forums.

Possibly of interest in this thread is what we've done with Roundo on Psience Quest. As well as some other tweaks, we've combined Roundo Light and Roundo Darko into a generic Roundo theme, and added three colour mode switcher icons in the header: light mode, dark mode, and auto-detect mode. Auto-detect is default. Where supported by the browser, it detects any colour scheme preference set by the user via their OS or device, using the prefers-color-scheme CSS media feature.

The other notable tweak we've made is to the index page: it now defaults to showing threads in descending order of most recently posted-to threads. The default Roundo index page listing in which threads' opening posts are shown in descending order of thread creation date can easily be switched to by clicking on a pseudo-tab in the page's heading.

@Laird

I am loving this theme but I think I want to change my index page to latest posts like yours!  Would you share how to do it?  I really like the pseudo-tab layout you used!  I also PM'd you about adding the light/dark template buttons before I saw this thread. I'd appreciate any help!
(2023-07-06, 09:18 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]@Laird

I am loving this theme but I think I want to change my index page to latest posts like yours!  Would you share how to do it?  I really like the pseudo-tab layout you used!  I also PM'd you about adding the light/dark template buttons before I saw this thread. I'd appreciate any help!

Just for the sake of closure for readers: RocketFoot and I had a little correspondence over PM which a very short time ago concluded with him having completely implemented his wished-for features - mostly, as it turned out, by his own efforts rather than by duplicating the details of my own implementation. Nicely done!
(2023-07-18, 01:53 PM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-07-06, 09:18 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]@Laird

I am loving this theme but I think I want to change my index page to latest posts like yours!  Would you share how to do it?  I really like the pseudo-tab layout you used!  I also PM'd you about adding the light/dark template buttons before I saw this thread.  I'd appreciate any help!

Just for the sake of closure for readers: RocketFoot and I had a little correspondence over PM which a very short time ago concluded with him having completely implemented his wished-for features - mostly, as it turned out, by his own efforts rather than by duplicating the details of my own implementation. Nicely done!

Yes!  I had an idea of what I wanted to do in my head but I didn't know how to implement it!  Laird provided just the right amount of guidance to help me but to also learn what and why to do it!  Thanks again!  Part of the fun of MyBB is the learning for me!!
Thank you, please keep it constantly updated and SEO compatible.