MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: plugins installation/some global.css changes won't take effect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello everybody!
I'm new to mybb can't seem to find any answers to some issues on google;

tried to install Google SEO 1.8.4 twice but won't work. uploaded the whole package and extracted all files to inc/plugins, but when i go to my ACP I got this: [There are no plugins on your forum at this time.]

the first time i installed it it deleted another plugin that was there when i first installed mybb but now there's nothing.. and no users browsing all of sudden?

also everything looks fine but when i try to edit some colors etc. on global.css nothing happens?

my forum is https://opncue.com

Thanks in advance for any guidance Smile
Can you take a screenshot of where you put the files? It sounds like they're not in the right place.
(2021-11-01, 11:25 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Can you take a screenshot of where you put the files? It sounds like they're not in the right place.

Hi Matt,
thanks for your response.. here i attached the FM screenshot.

Thanks!
You need to upload the files within the MyBB-Google-SEO-1.8.4 folder, not that folder itself. There's folders inside there like inc/plugins and inc/languages, those correspond with the same folders in your forum filesystem.
(2021-11-01, 02:30 PM),Matt Wrote: [ -> ]You need to upload the files within the MyBB-Google-SEO-1.8.4 folder, not that folder itself. There's folders inside there like inc/plugins and inc/languages, those correspond with the same folders in your forum filesystem.

Hmm. kinda of lost here. you mean like this: I opened INC> Plugins> google SEO and unloaded the whole thing to google SEO, extracted all files and they seem to be there as you can see on the new screenshot..
You've still got them inside the MyBB-Google-SEO-1.8.4 folder. You've currently got files in a folder like ./inc/plugins/MyBB-Google-SEO-1.8.4/inc/plugins, this is wrong - the contents of MyBB-Google-SEO-1.8.4 need to be uploaded, to the matching paths inside.
wow. never get stuck on installing anything, I'm getting way too old i guess.. gonna try a different software thanks for your help anyways Smile
My forum directory starts in public_html/forum, yours may be different. But you have a folder that contains admin, images, inc, uploads folders among others. That folder is called your forum root folder.

The plugin folder is the MyBB-Google-SEO-1.84 folder which contains among other things a folder named inc. The plugin folder contains all the files you need to upload.

If the forum root folder is selected on the left side window, and it shows the folders I mentioned (admin, images, inc, uploads among others) in the right side window, then click on the Upload button in File Manager to select and upload the contents of the MyBB-Google-SEO-1.84 folder to copy the plugin code into the right places.

What you seem to have done is to copy the MyBB-Google-SEO-1.84 folder and its contents into the forum's plugin folder. The SEO plugin code is not in the right place.

In future, a different plugin may have other folders amd files as well, but the process is the same. The contents of the plugin go into the forum root folder. The File Manager will handle where it all goes from there.

[attachment=44664]
Literally just need to upload or move the files to a few folders above where they are now, but okay 🤷🏻‍♂️