MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum Link
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I did a search for this and could'nt find anything. I love the way you can add a forum header which is actually a link to another page or site but it opens in the same window (taking people away from my forum). Is there anything I can edit to open the link in a new window? It would be even better if I could sit this for some and not for others. (i.e. I have a forum link to my download so obviously I would like that in the same window but I also have some links going to affiliate sites which I would obviously want in another window/tab)
Please try to be more specific...

Ultimate.User Wrote:a link to another page or site but it opens in the same window (taking people away from my forum)
That doesn't really make much sense...
To make a link open in a new window, you have to add a certain attribute to the <a> tag. It's the 'target' attribute. It can be set to different values, but for what you want, it has to be set as '_blank'. So, in a link, the whole code would be:

<a href="LINK" target="_blank">LINK TEXT</a>

Hope that helps!
I think he wants something else. I have the same problem. You can use a Forum as a normal forum where you can write posts aso. But you can also use it as a link to an other Website. When you do so, the link opens in the same window/tab your forum is. So the question is: Can you change it, so that this link opens a new window or tab?

Hope you can understand and help me Smile
Can you provide a link to your forums so we can see what you mean? As teh link in your profile take me to http://vista-users.co.uk/index.php?optio...&Itemid=26
which is a SMF forum !?!?