MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Migrating fluxbb to mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I get the following error when I first open the Merge System:

Warning: Declaration of debugErrorHandler::error($type, $message, $file = NULL, $line = 0) should be compatible with errorHandler::error($type, $message, $file = NULL, $line = 0, $allow_output = true) in /home/sammoss/**myurl**/merge/resources/class_error.php on line 34

It lets me continue through database configuration, but when I attempt to do uaergroups, I get this error:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'groups WHERE g_id > 4' at line 1
Query:
SELECT COUNT(*) as count FROM groups WHERE g_id > 4

And then I'm stuck. Any ideas?
if you are using mysql 8, groups is a reserved keyword

you could try with mariadb, or older mysql version, or quote groups
I'm sorry, but I'm don't understand what you mean.

Could it be this easy?
	var $groups = array(
		1 => MYBB_ADMINS, // Administrators
		2 => MYBB_MODS, // Moderators
		3 => MYBB_GUESTS, // Guests
		4 => MYBB_REGISTERED, // Registered

I have no group called "Registered". It's called "Members". If I change the name to match, will it work?
The trouble is in that a fluxbb table name (groups) is also a reserved word in MySQL8 (since 8.0.2 exactly: https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/8.0/en/keywords.html).

Probably that the merge system could be corrected to quote the table names and avoid this kind of troubles
(2021-11-06, 12:00 AM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]The trouble is in that a fluxbb table name (groups) is also a reserved word in MySQL8 (since 8.0.2 exactly: https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/8.0/en/keywords.html).

Probably that the merge system could be corrected to quote the table names and avoid this kind of troubles

Sounds like I'm SOL.

Short of writing that into the Merge System (which I've no idea how to do), is there another workaround?
You can try a little modification in merge system: edit boards/fluxbb/usergroups.php file and change 2 lines:
Line 29:
$query = $this->old_db->simple_select("`groups`", "*", "g_id > 4", array('limit_start' => $this->trackers['start_usergroups'], 'limit' => $import_session['usergroups_per_screen']));
Line 62:
$query = $this->old_db->simple_select("`groups`", "COUNT(*) as count", "g_id > 4");
It worked! Can't thank you enough.

Well, everything came through except the posts.