MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [solved] thumbnail rebuild does not work for all images
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I feel thumbnail generated usually 96x54 size too small so I changed to 200px both width and height in ACP -> configuration ->attachments then rebuilded in ACP -> Tools -> Recound & Rebuild but it didn't work for all thumbnails. Many doesn't get regenerated but many got regenerated.

How do I make it work for all images?

Looks like images uploaded long time ago that are in the folders named with year and month as numbers are not converted.

Ok, I found a problem.
In "inc/functions.php", under "function my_chmod($file, $mode) { ... }", one line of codes causes the problem, as following:

$result = chmod($file, octdec($mode));

This one doesn't work if the owner of folders is not set to www-data:www-data

So I what I did is in the ubuntu terminal,
sudo chown -R www-data:www-data /var/www/forum

* Please no that "/var/www/forum" is where the copies of mybb exist.

Now works and all images are rebuilt. If this would cause any further problems, please let me know.
Thanks.
Thank you very much for sharing your finding!

I did set-up a BB with exact the same problem and also believe, there needs to be something fixed around access rights on the server www directory.
I'll give it a try now. -

Unfortunately no success so far. The system instantaneously reports that all thumbnails have been successfully recreated. But that's not realistic, the server should process imagery, at least a little while.

It there another possibility to verify that thumbnails being created anyhow?