MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Attachements Not Attaching
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey,

I have a problem with attachments.
When i attach an item using the file explorer button, i see the items name, but when i hit the "attach" button, the item is not attaching.

I checked the upload path
I checked the CHMOD permissions, and they are correct (777)
I checked the settings to see that everything is enabled,

Is there something else i can do?

board link: https://thebotspot.net/forum/

[Image: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.png]

Thanks!
Attachments controlled in general by AdminCP / Settings / Attachments,
and specifically by groups in AdminCP / Users and Groups / Groups, select a group and see permissions on Forums and Posts tab.

You said "I see the item's name, but when I hit the "attach button", the item is not attaching."
You don't see this, then?

[attachment=44676]
(2021-11-08, 08:37 PM)HLFadmin Wrote: [ -> ]Attachments controlled in general by AdminCP / Settings / Attachments,
and specifically by groups in AdminCP / Users and Groups / Groups, select a group and see permissions on Forums and Posts tab.

You said "I see the item's name, but when I hit the "attach button", the item is not attaching."
You don't see this, then?

Hey, no, i get the file explorer button, and then it shows that an item is selected, but when i click attach, nothing happens
If you're running 1.8.27 and beyond, your theme is not up to date. Your screenshot looks like 1.8.26 or older.
There was a major attachment feature upgrade with 1.8.27.

[edit]
Looking at your page source, the stylesheet references with timestamp are a function of newer software, while the jscript references are a function of an older theme headerinclude template.
(2021-11-08, 09:04 PM)HLFadmin Wrote: [ -> ]If you're running 1.8.27 and beyond, your theme is not up to date. Your screenshot looks like 1.8.26 or older.
There was a major attachment feature upgrade with 1.8.27.

[edit]
Looking at your page source, the stylesheet references with timestamp are a function of newer software, while the jscript references are a function of an older theme headerinclude template.

So, i would need to use another theme?
I did try running on the default theme that comes with MyBB, and with that, it works :/
If default works, that is proof you need.
Update the theme, whether by you or the author.
I'm facing the same thing. At least I have the benefit of a working "before update".

It is tedious, but a comparison between default theme which works and the older theme is your best bet for DIY.
Look for differences in stylesheets and templates.
(2021-11-08, 09:25 PM)HLFadmin Wrote: [ -> ]If default works, that is proof you need.
Update the theme, whether by you or the author.
I'm facing the same thing. At least I have the benefit of a working "before update".

It is tedious, but a comparison between default theme which works and the older theme is your best bet for DIY.
Look for differences in stylesheets and templates.

This is a pretty huge "issue".
That means that pretty much all the public themes are broken :/
It's fairly standard for templates to require being reverted to default during an upgrade and for themes to contain outdated templates once several MyBB updates have been released. We can't keep the exact same templates for the entire release cycle to ensure themes are always compatible, this is just a slightly more noticeable breaking change than others.
(2021-11-08, 09:59 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]It's fairly standard for templates to require being reverted to default during an upgrade and for themes to contain outdated templates once several MyBB updates have been released. We can't keep the exact same templates for the entire release cycle to ensure themes are always compatible, this is just a slightly more noticeable breaking change than others.

Hey Matt, yes i understand, but shouldnt "older" themes be deleted then?
Or like, the developer be contacted to update?

Also, this plugin fixed the issue for me Smile

https://www.mybboost.com/forum-mydropzone
We can't really delete all the themes that don't end up getting updated for this version, no, and we can't force them to update them. It is what it is, it's the same with any software that allows theming.

Also you shouldn't need a separate plugin, you'll just need to revert some templates to default, and the same functionality from the default theme will be in your custom theme.
Pages: 1 2