MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Pefixes Visible By Group
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering if there is a method in which thread prefixes can be set to only be viewable by certain groups? Just for specific prefixes, not all prefixes.

For instance if I want to mark a thread to stand out to a moderator without informing every user of that marking - is there a way to do that?

Thanks a lot!
(2021-11-09, 06:14 PM)danaconda813 Wrote: [ -> ]Just wondering if there is a method in which thread prefixes can be set to only be viewable by certain groups? Just for specific prefixes, not all prefixes.

For instance if I want to mark a thread to stand out to a moderator without informing every user of that marking - is there a way to do that?

Thanks a lot!

Config Thread Prefixes - MyBB Documentation
OUGC Private Threads (mybb.com)
Appreciate the reply, not sure it addresses specifically what I'm asking though - I don't want to go thread by thread and make each one private, I want the thread visible. I want the prefix itself to only be visible to certain users.
(2021-11-09, 09:32 PM)danaconda813 Wrote: [ -> ]Appreciate the reply, not sure it addresses specifically what I'm asking though - I don't want to go thread by thread and make each one private, I want the thread visible. I want the prefix itself to only be visible to certain users.

... Theres a group option you can put the users in..
Yup, I have the group option for prefixes - but that determined who can USE the prefix, not who can SEE the prefix.

I want to be able to mark a thread with a specific prefix without others being able to see that it was done.