MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: WYSIWYG in quickreply
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

Am a n00b and want to make quickreply like full reply I tried a few plugins some are worse than others. Can anyone suggest one that actually works and is simple n clean ? Ones I tried eith don't work or add emoji box under editor.. Or even look weird. I use Funky theme..
There are two main changes that you need to make to enable the WYSIWYG editor for Quick Reply "simply n cleanly", and two ways to make the first: by editing a core file or by writing a very basic little plugin.

The two main changes are:
  1. To make a $codebuttons variable available to the showthread template as rendered in showthread.php.
  2. To add that variable to the showthread template.

For a quick test using a core edit (first way of making the first change), add the following line:
	$codebuttons = build_mycode_inserter("message", $forum['allowsmilies']);
to showthread.php, just prior to:
	$plugins->run_hooks("showthread_end");

Then add {$codebuttons} to your showthread template just above {$newreply}.

If you're happy enough with that, then you could replace this core edit with a very basic plugin (second, more future-proof, way of making the change), hooking in to showthread_end to set the globally-declared $codebuttons variable as above.