MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: cannot backup database after upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I upgraded last week from 1.822 to 1.829   Before the upgrade, I copied all files and did a database backup from the admin panel successfully.

A week later now, and I tried to do another database backup and when I click "Perform backup", I get a webpage site cannot be reached error:

"The webpage at https://...../forum/admin/index.php?module=tools-backupdb&action=backup might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address."

When performing the upgrade, I may have accidentally used the default 1.821 from version vs. the 1.822.  I cannot recall for sure now.

What should I do to correct the error?  I don't want to loose any posts that have happened in the last week if at all possible.

thanks

Daryl
See if your server error log has any details on what’s causing it to error, it may be running out of memory or timing out. The code for this section hasn’t changed in a while so shouldn’t be anything to do with you upgrading (selecting 1.8.21 wouldn’t cause any issues anyway, but this process isn’t affected by the upgrade script). You can also back up your database via phpMyAdmin if this tool isn’t working for you.
Thanks for the info.  I do not have admin rights on the host nor can I access the cpanel.  I only have ftp access to the forum along with admin status on the forum.  I'll contact the site admin for assistance.

thanks!

Daryl