MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Some threads load super slow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My average thread loading Time is about 1.2 Seconds.  (from the debug section)

But a few threads (with nothing special about them, no replies, no large images) the page generation time is approximately 16.5 seconds. 

with 15-16 seconds being PHP time, 400 ms being MySQL. 

This is a Litespeed server, and the MySQL is hosted on a seperate server (my forum is quite large)

Any insights as to what may be wrong ?
Who's your host/what's your server specs? Even 1.2 seconds is very slow anyway, and there's no way PHP should be taking 15-16 seconds. Is it always the same threads, and is it every time in those threads, or does it vary? Do you have any plugins?
Thanks for replying Matt.

Its always the same threads, and they consistently take that long. The content in that thread is minimal. I have tried removing the BBCode, almost all images etc. Nothing works. Host is https://www.takeaserver.com

My server specs are as follows

8 vCPU's
16 GB Ram
240 GB SSD
100 MB port speed

These are the specs for both identical servers. One holds just the mySQL and the second just the files, so it serves as the frontend.

The Database has been converted to InnoDB for all tables. MySQL Version is 8. The server (as stated above) uses Litespeed, default configuration.

I do have some plugins, the most notable being xThreads , Google SEO, MyAlerts, NewPoints, Hide till reply, none that affect show thread in a , meaningful way

[Image: rZkgRKo.png]

vs another thread

[Image: fGYGmrc.png]

I have tried to remove the plugins one by one to determine if something is causing it, but to no avail.
Okay, just to double check, go to ACP > Configuration > General Configuration > Disable All Plugins, set this to Yes and it'll stop all plugins being loaded at runtime, just to 100% rule them out.

What's your forum structure like? Do you have large numbers of forums or subforums, or lots of groups? I'm wondering if you have a huge cache object or something that is only being accessed when loading certain threads. Is there anything similar between the affected threads, like created date or author, or is it seemingly completely random?
Turns out I have plugin that checks the images and 1 particular image host keeps going down. The plugin wait for it to "timeout" and thus...large php processing. Thank you