MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Table formats post upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have upgraded from 1.8.27 to 1.8.28 and the couple of files to 1.8.29 using the "Changed Files" downloads for each stage.  It appears to have worked where I can access all the old information on my forum, but the layout has become very skewed and unusable compared to what it was before.  I thought, "Hmm... probably updated templates needed", but when I ran "Find Updated Templates", it tells me all my templates are totally up to date.

I very much doubt that this is how it is supposed to look when you go through the forum and was wondering whether someone can tell me what stupid sort of thing I've done wrong this time?  Got backups of files & database if needed.  My forum can be seen here (ignore the white bit at the top, that's just a blank frame I had to insert to get this post/link to work..):

http://www.sammes.co.uk/scan/index2.html
There is 403 error (forbidden access) to your css files.
Check the permission to the cache directory and its subdirs.
(2021-11-23, 10:19 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]There is 403 error (forbidden access) to your css files.
Check the permission to the cache directory and its subdirs

The only discrepancies I can see in the cache directories are the theme1 & theme2 main directories and 6 files under the theme1 directory as I will outline below.  What should all of these files be set too and I will change them to suit?

cache\themes - 777
index.html - 644

cache\themes\theme0 - 755
cache\themes\theme1 - 700
cache\themes\theme2 - 700
cache\themes\theme3 - 755
cache\themes\theme4 - 755
cache\themes\theme5 - 755
cache\themes\index.html - 644

cache\themes\theme0\*.* - 644
cache\themes\theme1\css3.css - 644
cache\themes\theme1\css3.min.css - 644
cache\themes\theme1\css3.min.css - 644
cache\themes\theme1\global.css - 600
cache\themes\theme1\global.min.css - 644
cache\themes\theme1\index.html - 600
cache\themes\theme1\modcp.css - 600
cache\themes\theme1\modcp.min.css - 644
cache\themes\theme1\showthread.css - 600
cache\themes\theme1\showthread.min.css - 644
cache\themes\theme1\star_ratings.css - 600
cache\themes\theme1\star_ratings.min.css - 644
cache\themes\theme1\thread_status.css - 644
cache\themes\theme1\thread_status.min.css - 644
cache\themes\theme1\usercp.css - 600
cache\themes\theme1\usercp.min.css - 644
cache\themes\theme2\*.* - 644
cache\themes\theme3\*.* - 644
cache\themes\theme4\*.* - 644
cache\themes\theme5\*.* - 644
cache\themes\theme1 - 700 <-- chmod this directory (and its subdirs) to 755, and chmod its files to 644.
(2021-11-24, 07:37 AM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]cache\themes\theme1 - 700 <-- chmod this directory (and its subdirs) to 755, and chmod its files to 644.

Wow, worked a treat and thank you very much!  I will now tweak some of the colours on the templates and all up and running.  Good job and as I say, thank you  Smile

Apologies for keeping bothering you, but I cannot seem to locate the correct place to change the background colour of the main links bar at the top:

<!-- start: header -->
<div id="container">
<a name="top" id="top"></a>
<div id="header">
<div id="logo">
<div class="wrapper">
<ul class="menu top_links">

Which item do I need to modify from these to change the background colour / repeatable "X" image from these and where is it located in the ACP / CSS files?

Thank you!