MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: google keywords
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If i want to add keywords so the forum will be easily found in goggle search do i add this in the headerinlcude template ?
<META content="bla bla" name=keywords>

If not how do i do that?
yes, headerinclude is a good place
but google doesn't use meta tags does it? It uses both inbound and outbond links and the text that was in the link? And page titles.
Dempsey Wrote:but google doesn't use meta tags does it? It uses both inbound and outbond links and the text that was in the link? And page titles.

Google being one of the largest searches out there, I would think it uses meta tags along with using links.
[quote = http://www.webmarketingnow.com/tips/meta...vered.html]
The use of Spamming Techniques in the Keyword Meta Tag opened the door for Google to take the entire market by storm. By ignoring meta tags in general, Google produced results that were more pure. Fueling Google's popularity.[/quote]
Dempsey Wrote:but google doesn't use meta tags does it? It uses both inbound and outbond links and the text that was in the link? And page titles.

Google (AFAIK) uses just page content, not META tags. Only search engines like (search.com) uses META TAGS, as Yahoo, MSN and Google use page content. Smile