MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Disable all plugin before upgrade to 1.8.29
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a board running on 1.8.24.
I want to upgrade it to 1.8.29. So, I tried on localhost.
I disabled all plugins by setting but it show below error on board home page after disable all plugin from ACP. I didn't overwrite 1.8.29 files.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '' (T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE), expecting '-' or identifier (T_STRING) or variable (T_VARIABLE) or number (T_NUM_STRING) in C:\xampp\htdocs\3121\global.php(1061) : eval()'d code on line 16
After setting disable all plugins to NO, the board working properly.
What to do now?
If you didn't overwrite the files and it still has the 1.8.24 files then that line number doesn't quite match what should be erroring, but looks like it may be your footer template with an issue. Can you post it here? Would be strange to be getting that kind of error from a template though.
Got your PM with the footer template, will just reply here for posterity.

I would imagine the issue is that the template is using the PHP conditionals in templates plugin, and that code may be causing errors when the plugin for it isn't active.

Thinking about it though, the upgrade script should work fine even if this errors, as the upgrade script doesn't run this code. You should be safe to disable plugins, run the upgrade script, and enable plugins again afterwards. As long as you can get to /install/upgrade.php, there shouldn't be a problem. If it's a large forum and the upgrade may take a while, meaning the error may be visible for a long time, then you should be fine to leave plugins active.
Ok...I have a template condition template installed.
Thank you so much, Matt.
Will keep plugins enabled while upgrading.
+1 to you.