MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Flux to BB - Posts not imported
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

I was trying to convert my flux db (I have successfully updated it to version 1.5) to BB and encountered no errors during the merge process, except for permissions (it says something in the line of "an empty value is used instead of an integer"). But the rest of the db settings and data seems to have been imported properly (it took some time to process threads and posts), but upon finishing the merge process I cannot see any threads and posts under subforum entries and there is no data in corresponding db tables. All I can see is that the subforums' FID is set to 0 for all entries, which does not seem normal (there also has been an error during the cleanup process related to this FID issue, but it didn't show up after a repeated cleanup).

Would you please give me a hint as to how I can work around this issue?  

Thanks!
I don't have any issues about merging a FluxBB database into a MyBB installation. By the way, I'm using MyBB 1.8.29 & the Merge System version is 1.8.23. (we're expecting a new version.) The FluxBB I'm using is 1.15.11. Both of them are on MySQL 5.7.

Can you please post your software versions? The versions of PHP, database system and forum software.

Edited: are you using MySQL 8?
Hi,

We have done some research and discovered something which appears to be a bug in the Merge System. Would you please take a look at the following line (line #43) in the boards/fluxbb/threads.php file:

$insert_data['fid'] = $this->get_import->fid_f($data['forum_id']);

...this value appears to always be null upon hitting the fid_f function, but the actual $data['forum_id'] is not null, resulting in posts' IDs not making it to the converted database along with the posts themselves.

Here is what happens in the resources/modules/posts.php file - right after the insert function (line #80), the following code is executed:

// An orphaned post which isn't associated with any thread. We can't handle those for several reasons so trick them
    if($insert_array['tid'] < 1)
    {
      $this->increment_tracker('posts');
      $output->print_progress('end');
      return 0;
    }

...but we always run into this condition due to the null value issue described above, so here we go - no posts in the database. 

Is this an actual bug and how can we work around it?

Thanks!
Can you please post your software versions? The versions of PHP, database system and forum software.

Are you using MySQL 8?
(2021-12-17, 07:26 AM)noyle Wrote: [ -> ]Can you please post your software versions? The versions of PHP, database system and forum software.

Are you using MySQL 8?

Sure! 

- MySQL 8.0 (yes)
- PHP 7.3
- FluxBB 1.5.11
- Merge System 1.8
Currently the Merge System doesn't work well with MySQL 8.0. I'm working on an updated version. Please check back later.

Or, you may just try the Merge System with MySQL 5.7 and export the converted data from the MySQL 5.7 server and import it to the 8.0 one.
Thanks noyle, I will give it a try!