MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Setting Nginx
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(Sorry for my english, I use translator)
I have a forum with good attendance, Server: Centos 7, Whm + cpanel, Apache
Sites open for a long time, we decided to go nginx
I installed use one button nginx in whm panel
The site works faster but guests have become like 1 user as if they were assigned 1 ip
What other settings need to do to fix it?
Thanks Smile
Lack of information.
Are you using cloudflare or any other proxy/cache service ? How is actually configured nginx ?
cloudflare not using, installed clean nginx without configuration using whm panel
and Apache 2.4, PHP 7.4, PHP 8.0, Ruby 2.7
nginx + apache ?
Seems like nginx is configured to ask a local apache to desserve php, but it's not forwarding the user IP, so apache sees the nginx IP (127.0.0.1 ?) Have a look on https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5993...-dont-work

That's not a good practice, when using nginx it's better to use php-fpm with sock.
nginx + apache yes
I used google to find articles, I can not find the right folders for php-fpm and sock, In whm panel, everything is different, maybe you know a normal article How to configure it? I will be very grateful
Sorry but I manage my servers with the console, I don't know how to do that with whm (I don't know what it is)
The WHM reference threw me too.  After a little searching, realised it must be Web Host Manager.  Provides access to the hosting account at the reseller level.

My research suggests you can switch accounts in WHM to access the cpanel account.  DirectAdmin - which we use - works like this too.  Either way - more of a hosting question - your host should have more detail.