MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cant View ShoutBox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i cant see the shoutbox in my forum . www.goalhigandu.com
i can see its working when i type www.goalhigandu.com/shoutbox.php
but i want to put it in my forum.
The install guide mentions:
Quote: Some users have expressed that they would like to be able to display the shoutbox on their board
index page. Whilst this isn't a feature of the shoutbox, there are instructions on how to do this
posted at the following location: http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=14561

so perhaps this is one more step that needs to be completed?
well i cant edit those stuff.i modifyed 2 times and got the sql server busted.if there is a easy way please tell it
or another way.i think after installing a plugin it should appear on index page isnt it
After installing the plugin itself, the plugin doesn't appear on the index page automatically. If there were any errors that you received when the sql server was busted, then perhaps it might be worth searching the forums for those errors?

This is a link to a search for 'shoutbox' - the third result might be useful.
flick Wrote:After installing the plugin itself, the plugin doesn't appear on the index page automatically. If there were any errors that you received when the sql server was busted, then perhaps it might be worth searching the forums for those errors?

This is a link to a search for 'shoutbox' - the third result might be useful.

well i edited the index page and installed it now no need but i think it should ishow up automatically after install.now its oks www.goalhigandu.com.check it
Glad it worked out for you. Thanks for the link Smile

With regards to showing up on the index page, this is something that you might wish to suggest to musicalmidget, as he is the developer for the plugin.
I am considering adding the option of showing the shoutbox on the index page, although if implemented, the default will remain in a separate page.

For the moment however, manual modification using the instructions provided will be required.