MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: iframe does not work in threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2021-12-26, 10:03 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]As above, you'll need to follow these steps to identify the cause: https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/faq/errors/#pa...ion-failed

I've been trying but it doesn't give me any results that kind of help.

I've been trying but it doesn't give me any results that kind of help.
Entering the link that I sent THERE IS NO ERROR MESSAGE, the content of the message is simply shown empty. Before the update everything worked fine.
1.8.27 (all fine) -> 1.8.28 -> 1.8.29 (Mycode does not work iframe and pdf)
Yes, I understand the issue and I know there's no error message, but the steps on that page I've linked to explain how to go about finding what is causing it and fixing it. For example, have you done the steps under "Identifying the Cause", or looked in the error log file?
(2021-12-26, 11:01 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I understand the issue and I know there's no error message, but the steps on that page I've linked to explain how to go about finding what is causing it and fixing it. For example, have you done the steps under "Identifying the Cause", or looked in the error log file?

Disabling the plugins, the error (blank post message) continues.

Casually in the ACP file check I found this error:
File Verification: Problems Found
inc/functions.php
Is that a file you've intentionally changed for any reason? It may be for the Google SEO plugin so will be fine to ignore if that's the case.

Is there an error log file in your file root and does that contain anything if there is one? If not, can you post the settings for the iframe MyCode you've added?
(2021-12-26, 11:16 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Is that a file you've intentionally changed for any reason? It may be for the Google SEO plugin so will be fine to ignore if that's the case.

Is there an error log file in your file root and does that contain anything if there is one? If not, can you post the settings for the iframe MyCode you've added?

In my root: No error.log

My code
Quote:<center><iframe src="$1" width="600" height="450" frameborder="no" allowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true" mozallowfullscreen="true" scrolling="no"> If you can see this, your browser doesn't understand how to use iframes. Sad However, we'll still <a href="$1">link</A> you to the file.</iframe></center>
tested some things:
- message edited to add text before and after the iframe: the post is still empty
- added a response with a simple iframe: it's displayed

I think the fault comes from your iframe, not the MyCode
(2021-12-26, 11:39 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]tested some things:
- message edited to add text before and after the iframe: the post is still empty
- added a response with a simple iframe: it's displayed

I think the fault comes from your iframe, not the MyCode
Title: iFrame

Regular expresion

\[iframe\](.*?)\[/iframe\]

Replace by
<center><iframe src="$1" width="600" height="450" frameborder="no" allowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true" mozallowfullscreen="true" scrolling="no"> If you can see this, your browser doesn't understand how to use iframes. Sad However, we'll still <a href="$1">link</A> you to the file.</iframe></center>
I said: the MyCode is ok.

The trouble come with the url you use for your iframe.
Pages: 1 2