MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to add a button to my site
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey so I currently got this list
[attachment=44778]
Can you tell me how do I add a new button to it?
I'm currently trying to add a button to https://mcserverhelp.cf/newpoints.php
you should edit the header template you will find it here;

templates & style > templates > your theme > Header Templates > header
(2022-01-01, 11:29 AM)xLoy Wrote: [ -> ]you should edit the header template you will find it here;

templates & style > templates > your theme > Header Templates > header

Its not like I haven't tried to do that, I've seen like 3-4 threads with that solution. I'm here for a more detailed answer not a repeated solution.

I would like to know what to do in the header after opening it as I've tried inserting the button at multiple places and it still did not show up
Think you're looking for a how to that might require more investigation on your part.

Don't have that theme, and definitely not as css talented as many on here.  But first I'd inspect those toplinks using browser developer tools (F12).  Once I'd determined what they've done - most likely in theme - header - header - check in global.css for a class defined for that button/link.  Which is where you'd define appearance characteristics and other stuff.  Pretty soon you should be able to reverse engineer what you need. 

So instead of asking how to do it - figure out what they've done and replicate.

Good luck....
(2022-01-03, 11:32 PM)nixer55 Wrote: [ -> ]Think you're looking for a how to that might require more investigation on your part.

Don't have that theme, and definitely not as css talented as many on here.  But first I'd inspect those toplinks using browser developer tools (F12).  Once I'd determined what they've done - most likely in theme - header - header - check in global.css for a class defined for that button/link.  Which is where you'd define appearance characteristics and other stuff.  Pretty soon you should be able to reverse engineer what you need. 

So instead of asking how to do it - figure out what they've done and replicate.

Good luck....

Thanks and I wouldn't be asking it here if I knew how to do it. I'm only asking for help as I'm still new to this and the past solutions I saw didn't work before for me