MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: allowing any post only after the moderator reviewing it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hello
i've tried to find the answer here
https://docs.mybb.com/contents/
but couldn't

i want to ask

how do i make it that all threads and messages in the forums must have approval and only then published?

thanks Angel

and also
how do i remove my email address from the bottom of the forums?
Usergroups and forums have a "Moderate new posts?" and "Moderate new threads?" permission you can set.

Not sure what you mean about the email address, there's no email address in the footer so sounds like it's being added by a plugin or your theme.
In the footer template, delete the line which contains
{$contact_us}
thank you both..
i'm checking it....

(2022-01-04, 12:25 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Usergroups and forums have a "Moderate new posts?" and "Moderate new threads?" permission you can set.
sorry, but i haven't found it
is it possible to send a screenshot of where these settings are?

BIG TNX
In the Forums and Posts section of any usergroup:

[attachment=44781]
thank you so much. i've found it.
i'm a newbie so it wasn't so simple to understand.

i also want to ask you where i can find the "footer template"? in which directory of the system.....

i love this system.
i like for example that you can do two step authentication
i also very like the "export own data" the it has

let's hope that my forum system will be popular.
i've decided to open it because in my opinion there is a bad censorship over important things on the internet.
so well done for the mybb project!!!!
(2022-01-04, 08:25 PM)HAFOOCH Wrote: [ -> ]- snip, snip

i also want to ask you where i can find the "footer template"? in which directory of the system.....

You edit templates in the ACP.  Find Templates and Style and select the theme/template of interest.  

I'd read this doc if you're new.  Saves typing - lol:

https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/development/themes/templates/
tnx
haven't found " {$contact_us}"

if i don't want my email there i need to delete all of this like maybe?
"<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['contactlink']}">{$lang->bottomlinks_contactus}</a></li>"
When you say email, do you mean a link to the contact form, or an actual email address directly being displayed? If you don't want the contact form link, then yes you can remove that link.
Look in the footer template for {$contact_us}. Delete that. Line 11 in the Default footer template. Might be different line number in your theme's footer template. But it's there.
If you delete the contents of the footer_contactus template, the footer will be calling an empty template.
One more software call than necessary.
Pages: 1 2