MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How user can see unapproved post?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

The problem is, user not able to see their unapproved post after clicking on submit button. So user post same question multiple time(how to overcome this situtation) and also how moderator can know about the unapproved post without opening the forum ?

Thanks,
Users won't be able to see their own posts if they're unapproved, and by default notifications aren't sent for all unapproved content. You'd need plugins to change this.
Ohh that's wired. Because once user click on submit nothing happened apart from dialog so that user can know that their post is in unapproved state.
Do you have any plugin in your mind that can send notification to moderator ?
If you put a user on moderation - any post won't appear for regular members.  But the OP will get a moderation notification.  The moderation queue will also populate, which generates a system alert for privileged users.  A least it does on our system - and don't think we're doing anything different.  But not stock - I'll admit. Toungue

Alerts on our test system:

[attachment=44795]

[attachment=44796]
Yes, the red notice in the first screenshot will show above the message editor so they should know that the post will require approval.
(2022-01-10, 11:25 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Users won't be able to see their own posts if they're unapproved, and by default notifications aren't sent for all unapproved content. You'd need plugins to change this.

Is there any plugin available for that to notify moderator for new unapproved thread?
Not that I'm aware of currently.
@Matt far more knowledgeable on this stuff than I, but thought github #3488 from 2018 takes care of missing moderation notices?

I upgraded our board from 1806, and believe there were previous upgrades.  From what versions not sure.  Which may explain why we get notifications for moderation.  

Sure Matt will know. Smile

Edit:  re-read the op, and perhaps I'm misinterpreting without opening the forum.  Took it to mean a forum on your board.  But might mean the whole board.  Semantics - lol.