MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Normal login works but admin keeps banning me
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, I did by accident something stupid I changed my password as an administrator it wouldn't be a problem, but there is... When login on to the main website no problem... I can log in but when I try to access to admin panel, I get the following message and it drives me nuts...

This account has been locked out.
Your account is currently locked out after failing to log in 5 times. You have been sent an email with instructions on how to unlock your account.

and it says I put the wrong password so somehow it used the old password... I keep thinking since the last update from MyBB it's not stable anymore, am I right or wrong?

How can we solve this? Can I just go to mybbusers in PHPMyAdmin and change my password there or am I in trouble?
This sort of logic hasn't changed in years (May 2015 to be exact) so isn't anything to do with a recent update. If it says the password was wrong then the password was wrong.

Did you not receive the email to unlock the account? Try setting the loginattempts and loginlockoutexpiry columns in the mybb_users table to 0, and the same in the mybb_adminoptions table. There may also be a row in mybb_awaitingactivation for your user ID that you can delete.
it is solved, it was the cache being stuck, I reinstalled chrome and now everything is working again.