MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Question regarding Simplicity Responsive theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I installed the Simplicity Responsive theme, got my logo changed, and things are working great. Now, my one question is, is there a way to create a hotlink to an external website in the navigation bar?

[Image: CSNCove.png]

I want to make a link to my roleplay communities computer aided dispatch site, and place it beside the "help" button. not sure if thats possible, or how to do that. If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions, it'd be greatly appreciated
(2022-01-15, 07:12 PM)greenops011 Wrote: [ -> ]So, I installed the Simplicity Responsive theme, got my logo changed, and things are working great. Now, my one question is, is there a way to create a hotlink to an external website in the navigation bar?

I want to make a link to my roleplay communities computer aided dispatch site, and place it beside the "help" button. not sure if thats possible, or how to do that. If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions, it'd be greatly appreciated

hi , hope you are doing well it is great to know that you are using this theme and you like it . 

Answer of Your Question is 
Go to Admin CP >>
Then go to theme and Style Tab >>
then go to Templates >>
then click on header template >>>
Find 
<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?action=help">Help</a></li>

add link , below mention is code example  

<li><a href="www.google.com"> Google </a></li>

Replace your desire link with www.google.com and Google with Button name you want to Display 

BR
Mujeeb
(2022-01-16, 11:37 AM)mujeebdgk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-01-15, 07:12 PM)greenops011 Wrote: [ -> ]So, I installed the Simplicity Responsive theme, got my logo changed, and things are working great. Now, my one question is, is there a way to create a hotlink to an external website in the navigation bar?

hi , hope you are doing well it is great to know that you are using this theme and you like it . 

Go to Admin CP >>
then go to Templates >>
Find 

Replace your desire link with www.google.com and Google with Button name you want to Display 

BR
Mujeeb

Thats awesome. Thanks mate! I'm assuming if I wanted to remove one of the other links, I just have to comment it out, or delete it from the template?
(2022-01-16, 05:06 PM)greenops011 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-01-16, 11:37 AM)mujeebdgk Wrote: [ -> ]

Go to Admin CP >>
then go to Templates >>
Find 

BR
Mujeeb

Thats awesome. Thanks mate! I'm assuming if I wanted to remove one of the other links, I just have to comment it out, or delete it from the template?

You are welcome 
it is upto you , but best practice is to comment it so later if you want to revert it back you can uncomment it .
BR
Mujeeb

Note: if problem solved mark thread as solved , Thank you