MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Stuck on Database Configuration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been a phpBB user and have grown frustrated at trying to upgrade from 3.0.14 to anything newer... it just wont work.  So, I thought I would see about switching to something that might!   But sadly, I am not having much better luck.

I've created a database on my server
[attachment=44828]
[attachment=44827]

I've uploaded the "upload/" files.

I changed the name of config.default.php to config.php

I changed the name of htaccess.txt to .htaccess

I changed the file permissions of the required files

1. CHMOD the following files to 666 (ie, make sure that PHP can write to them).
    ./inc/settings.php
    ./inc/config.php (you must rename config.default.php to config.php first)

2. CHMOD the following folders to 777 (ie, make sure that PHP can write to and execute from them).
    ./cache/
    ./cache/themes/
    ./uploads/
    ./uploads/avatars/

When I visit http://mywebsite.com/install/, I can get started and everything checks out

[attachment=44822]

but I get stuck at the Database Configuration step.

[attachment=44826]
Your phpMyAdmin server connection via TCP/IP may indicate the database is not localhost.
Make sure MySQL can be accessed via localhost:3306 and the specified user has relevant privileges to use, manipulate and do other operations on that database.
Looking to your phpmyadmin screenshot, DB server seems to be custsql-nf10.eigbox.net rather than localhost
(2022-01-16, 12:48 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]Looking to your phpmyadmin screenshot, DB server seems to be custsql-nf10.eigbox.net rather than localhost

That's why I attached the screenshots! Thanks all. changing the database server fixed the issue.

Noob problem!