MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "your upload number is exceeded"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have the most current version of MyBB and PHP 7.4.  I am an administrator on an attachment-heavy forum.  I tried to upload a small attachment, and I received an error message that stated, "your upload number is exceeded."  How can I increase this number?  Where do I go?  What do I do?  I would prefer it to be unlimited for an administrator.  My board is stuck until I can post another image, because almost every post has an image.  Thanks for any help.
ACP » Home » User Groups » Edit User Group
Attachment Options > Attachment quota

Set the value you need, or 0 to not have quota
(2022-01-18, 10:42 AM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]ACP » Home » User Groups » Edit User Group
Attachment Options > Attachment quota

Set the value you need, or 0 to not have quota

I appreciate that, but I have it set to 0, and I still get this error message.  I even tried setting it to 10000000, and that didn't work, either.  So, I put it back to zero.  Any other ideas?
Did you rebuild the cache ? And is it the only attachment you put in the message ?

There is 2 settings: quota for attachments (related to groups) and Maximum Attachments Per Post (related to settings > attachments)
Is "your upload number is exceeded" the exact message? As that's not a core language string.

Go to User CP > Manage Attachments, it will have an "Attachment Quota" row, what does it say here?
Searching for key word "exceeded" yields these results for myBB error messages.
"your upload number is exceeded" is not specific enough to narrow the problem down.

Upload/warnings.php:	// Check we haven't exceeded the maximum number of warnings per day
Upload/inc/languages/english/admin/style_themes.lang.php:$l['error_uploadfailed_php1'] = "PHP returned: Uploaded file exceeded upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini.  Please contact your forum administrator with this error.";
Upload/inc/languages/english/admin/style_themes.lang.php:$l['error_uploadfailed_php2'] = "The uploaded file exceeded the maximum file size specified.";
Upload/inc/languages/english/messages.lang.php:$l['error_maxposts'] = "I'm sorry, but your daily post limit has been exceeded.  Please wait till tomorrow to post further or contact your administrator.<br /><br />The maximum amount of posts you may make in a day is {1}";
Upload/inc/languages/english/messages.lang.php:$l['error_uploadfailed_php1'] = "PHP returned: Uploaded file exceeded upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini.  Please contact your forum administrator with this error.";
Upload/inc/languages/english/messages.lang.php:$l['error_uploadfailed_php2'] = "The uploaded file exceeded the maximum file size specified.";

Asking to be specific to rule out host issues on server. "Unlimited" never is.
Sorry, Everyone. When Matt said it wasn't core language, I remembered I had a designer on MyBB make me code to attach images to the calendar, and that is where that language is, so I guess I better contact him and see if he can fix this. Thank you for helping me track it down.